Mixing XL-H1 and F-350 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Mixing XL-H1 and F-350

Hi,

has anyone mixed material created with Canon´s XL-H1 and Sony´s F-350 yet? If yes, how does it compare, how does it look like? I´m just asking as I might have to mix these two sources in a multi-cam project soon and was curious about how it might look.

I will definitely try out before the shoot myself anyway but maybe somebody has experience with that?! Surely some serious colour correction has to be done in post, right?!

Thanks,
Emanuel
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

They have a quite different look. The XL-H1 looks more "electronic". The colours are different the H1 having a slight magenta tint. The F350 is cleaner. The difference isn't massive and with a bit of tweaking I am sure a reasonable match could be achieved.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:00 PM   #3
Major Player

I've shot recently a documentary where both cam's where involved. Prior to the shoot we did not had the time to match the cams via the settings. A colorist in post (Da Vinci) had to do a lot of correcting on the material. Basically he had to blur the XDCAM a little bit to match the softness of the H1.
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Cool,

thanks a lot for your comments guys. I will have your posts in mind.

Thanks a lot!
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts