XDCAM DVD help needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 24th, 2007, 06:57 AM   #1
New Boot

XDCAM DVD help needed

We're having a tough time getting a good quality DVD off of our XDCAM FCP timeline (1080i 60). Could someone please walk me through the settings we need to use in compressor? Also, are there settings I need to be aware of in DVD Studio Pro?
Gregory Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory Seymour View Post
We're having a tough time getting a good quality DVD off of our XDCAM FCP timeline (1080i 60). Could someone please walk me through the settings we need to use in compressor? Also, are there settings I need to be aware of in DVD Studio Pro?
Gregory,
I've been constantly struggling with the same issue. Your seeing problems with the intelacing and horizontal lines, right?
I achieved the best results with hardware downconvert from the AJA or letting the camera downconvert. If you are unable to do these things I have used Compressor. Here are some settings to try:

DVD fastest encode 90 minutes 16:9
-Video format -> field dominance automatic
-Quality -> one-pass VBR best
-Frame controls -> Custom
---Resize filter -> Best (statistical prediction)
---Details level -> 10

Try it with small snippets of your timeline first as Compressor takes a LONG TIME (8:1) using those settings..

best regards
Greg Penetrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #3
New Boot

DVD and SDCAM

Thanks for the info. Tell me more about the downconvert. We have the F70 deck.

Is there a way to record directly to a DVR off of the timeline?
Gregory Seymour is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts