XDCAM HD + Fujinon Mattebox at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 30th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XDCAM HD + Fujinon Mattebox

Howdy,

I'm just trying to put together a Mattebox combo for my XDCAM 330. I've got the Fujinon 17.5 lens. I was wondering if anyone else has this and what they bought. I know I want to go Chrosziel, and I know I need rods and a mattebox. Anything else? I'm just trying to figure out product #'s so I don't purchase the wrong thing.

Cheers!
Max

Max Kaiser
Director, Hand Crank Films
http://www.handcrankfilms.com
Max Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Max,
We use a Chrosziel DV Sunshadewith 4x4 n.: 440-03. It´s ok, but if I put a 82mm directly on lens, I can see vignette in the image.
Just bought a Chrosziel SUNSHADE CLWAH-F4,5 to use with Fujinon 3.3 wide angle. It´s ok if I use only
one 4x5,65 or one 5x5 filter. Not tried with Fujinon 5,5 yet.

Gerson
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Max & Gerson,

I am in the market for a good qualtiy sunshade with filter holders, so this information may be of some help. I've been looking at the Chrosziel as well. The Matteboxes are expensive and for the work I do, the sunshade clamp-on options with filter holders would meet all my needs. I have an F350 with a Fujinon 18x5.5 lens (1/2" HD lens). It's diameter is 85mm. Here is what I've obtained from both Abel Cine Tech and 16x9.

A more affordable option is the 411-50. It is larger in size than the 440-03. It has a 104mm opening so a step down ring is needed, but you are limited if you need a larger diameter in the future (i.e. 110 or 130). Price runs under $1200. Here's what was passed onto me about this product:

By design, the 411-50 sunshade has a wider housing (i.e., the front
element) allowing for use with wider lenses. It can accept a 4.5mm wide
lens -- when using 1 filter holder; it can even accept most wide angle
converters. Moreover, you can add side wings on the housing for better
light control. This is a great cost-effect solution for shooters with
cameras such as the XDCAM--or similar sized cameras.

Here's me writing again: They said the 440-03 would work fine, but it is smaller in size and made more for the compact HDV cameras. No provisions for adding side wings. Price under $900.

16x9 also mentioned the 412-02f/110. This is the ultimate Chrosziel sunshade and lists around $2600.00. Bigger for future growth. There is also the 412-02f/130.

I can't offer much in terms of true mattebox information, but I thought I would pass this along.

Best,
Ray Ellis
Ray Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts