350 on a ccu at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old May 21st, 2007, 03:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

350 on a ccu

Any solution for a multi camera HD setup over a switcher?
I know it's possible ove HD-SDI but what about intercom and camera setups?
Tony Partamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 02:42 AM   #2
Major Player

From what i've been told, the answer is no, the OB company i work for just completely upgraded our gear, and moved to Panasonic SPX800 units with Triax backs and basestations in our truck. We looked at the sony path, the xd path and there are no triax backs or base stations that will fit the XDcam cameras that we are aware of. We actually got the last few digital DVCPRO triax base stations that were ever made. Apart from their actual studio cameras, the only sony ENG cameras that you can Triax backs for are the DSR570s, and even then, im pretty sure you can get base stations for them anymore.

The OB market is currently waiting(we as far as we are aware, we havent been looking for 6 months since we got our gear) for new Technology due to large amount of Lead that are put in the base stations - polution yarda yarda yarda.

However like i said, we havent been looking at gear for about 6 months since our new gear arrived... there might be been a development.

Last edited by Joe Lawry; May 23rd, 2007 at 05:28 AM. Reason: spelling.
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:30 AM   #3
Major Player

Well, there is a solution. called Camplex. I saw it working @ the NAB. GlassFibre and a triax cable is all you need to transport everything, from iris control, intercom, power to HD SDI. CCU via the Sony remotes.

http://www.camplex.com/pages/301hd.html
http://www.camplex.com/pages/301c.html
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:24 AM   #4
Major Player

i stand corrected. :)
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts