Connecting HDV camera to PDW-F70 deck at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old May 31st, 2007, 06:04 AM   #1
New Boot

Connecting HDV camera to PDW-F70 deck

Greetings,

First I want to thank everyone here for sharing their contributions and assisting people (like me) who are new to this equipment and have questions. This forum is a wealth of knowledge.

I am trying to connect a JVC GY-HD100 HDV camera to the PDW-F70 XDCAM deck. I don't even know if this is possible, but it seems like it should work. The HD100 only has component and firewire outs. Since the F70 doesn't have component in, I'm trying to connect via firewire. Problem is... the deck doesn't seem to be seeing the camera when the two are connected via firewire. I have the deck set to AV/C mode (though I believe that is just used for output) and the camera set to "VTR" when rolling the tape but the deck doesn't see anything.

Anyone have experience with this or know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Joseph Anthony
Joseph Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:51 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Joseph,

You'll need the optional HDV I/O board to do this.

Quote:
PDBK102 MPEG-2 TS Input / Output Board for PDW-F70/F30 series XDCAM HD deck
That board will allow input and output of HDV MPEG2 transport streams via iLink (firewire).

regards,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:48 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Greg.

That makes sense. I forgot all about the optional board. One of the many reasons I love this forum.

Cheers,

Joseph Anthony
Joseph Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Anthony View Post
Thanks Greg.

That makes sense. I forgot all about the optional board. One of the many reasons I love this forum.

Cheers,

Joseph Anthony
The board works solid by the way. We make backups of all our XDCAM studio shoots back onto HDV from our F70
Harley Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks for the input, Harley. We're still trying to decide whether to go this route or find a workaround for now. All input is appreciated.
Joseph Anthony is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts