DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   New 350L owner (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/99863-new-350l-owner.html)

Warren Shultz July 26th, 2007 05:42 PM

New 350L owner

After much back and forth, I've finally ordered my 350. I'm pretty excited to say the least.

I need to go with Anton Bauers I already own. I also want to use an Audio-Technica dual channel wireless receiver. Would anyone have insight into adapters for these items?

My previous camera was a much cheaper HD100. I loved the camera and look but I found I never trusted it in the field because it would always split clips arbitrarily in FCP. I'm looking forward to none of that in the future.

Oh yes, I have a Chrosziel box and rails for a Z1. Does it by any chance work on the 350?

Don Bloom July 26th, 2007 08:26 PM

when you say adaptors for the AB and AT gear are you referring to a battery plate and cup (holder) for the receiver?

If so, AB has a bunch of battery mounting plates for sony gear-the one that comes to mind first is the QR-DSR for Sony DSR series cameras. It slips on the V mount and then has a spacer and screw to lock it down. It also has a bracket that attaches to the right side of the plate to hold accessory plates such as the BEC ABSPU side mounting plate or the ABWM-KIT universal kit either of which will hold the BEC AT-1810 wireless reciever holder made for the AT1800 receiver.

any of which should work just fine on your new 350.

Don

Greg Boston July 26th, 2007 08:30 PM

Congratulations, Warren! As to the AB's, that's what I use. You can get the v-mount to AB adapter from anyone who sells AB stuff. I went through Scott at Tapeworks Texas.

If you buy the AB adapter plate, go ahead and buy the wireless receiver mounting plate that screws to the side of it. Then you can attach the AT wireless unit which should have XLR outputs for the rear of the camera. I think B&H also carries some wireless receiver boxes that will mount to the side plate.

-gb-

Greg Boston July 26th, 2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 719267)
the one that comes to mind first is the QR-DSR for Sony DSR series cameras.

That's the plate I have. From AB's website...

Quote:

QR-DSR mounts instantly to the XD-CAM HD, DSR series and DVCAM camcorders to adapt Anton/Bauer batteries.
-gb-

Warren Shultz July 26th, 2007 09:22 PM

Thanks Don and Greg. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I've appreciated watching all you guys' enthusiasm for the camera.

I think I remember Nate Weaver coming over from the same camera I had as well.

I got the base 17X Fuji lens but it looks like it'll do the job. I don't think I've seen anyone remark on HD focusing on this camera. Is it not particularly an issue?

Nate Weaver July 26th, 2007 10:01 PM

I just worked with Tip's AT1800 receiver the other day...I went to Burbank on the way to the shoot to buy a AB wireless plate and box to go on my AB/Vmount adapter...and I'm not sure there's a AB box big enough for the AT1800 receiver yet. It's a big receiver.

Wayne, My Chrosziel 450 kit mattebox went over to my 350, but I had to buy a new baseplate of course. I got lucky and found a used Chrosziel Sony/universal toeplate for $150...it's normally a $450 part. But the rods, box, and adapter ring all worked; the adapter ring for the HD100 is 85mm ID.

Warren Shultz July 26th, 2007 11:25 PM

Thanks Nate. I'll have to keep an eye out for that plate then. You're right, that receiver is a big one. What did you think of the AT system as a whole?