DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hard-drive-memory-card-recorders/)
-   -   Transcend 32gb 133x Flash Cards (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hard-drive-memory-card-recorders/115817-transcend-32gb-133x-flash-cards.html)

Scott Cantrell February 26th, 2008 06:16 PM

Transcend 32gb 133x Flash Cards

If you are looking for Flash Cards for your new HVRZ7U camcorder. Tapeworks has a special on the following:

Transcend 32GB Compact Flash (CF) Flash Card Model TS32GCF133
Ultra-fast 133X performance with dual-channel support
Data transfer rate: 21.5MB/sec(Max)
Conforms to CF Type I standards
Supports Ultra DMA mode 0-4
CompactFlash 4.0 compliant
Built-in hardware ECC technology for detecting and correcting errors
ATA interface
Low power consumption
Multi-platform compatibility
RoHS compliant
Lifetime Warranty

Tapeworks Price: $149.00

Brian Rhodes mentioned to me that he was using this card in his HVRZ7U and it works fine. I believe he said that he was able to record 140min of hdv footage.

Please contact Tapeworks toll free 866-827-3489 or email tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net for more information or to place an order.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Tapeworks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser

David Heath February 27th, 2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Cantrell (Post 833637)
Transcend 32GB Compact Flash (CF) Flash Card .......
Tapeworks Price: $149.00

.......using this card in his HVRZ7U and it works fine. I believe he said that he was able to record 140min of hdv footage.

Pretty good. But the thought it brings up in my mind is how much equivalent 16 and 8GB cards cost? Maths predicts a 8GB card will then hold 140/4, or about 35 minutes, (so enough for many jobs, interviews, say). If the cost/Gb was similar, so about $35-40, it's getting to the point where the card may be considered consumable, where the work involved in transferring the material is not worthwhile.

For many uses, small, cheap cards are more useful than big, expensive ones - even if the $/GB figures are the same.

Steve Sobodos April 1st, 2009 04:56 PM

Just a word to the wise, I was having issues recording to my MRC1 last night (which turned out to be a cable/ camera connector issue) so I decided to re-format the Transcend 32GB 133x CF in the MRC1. At the end it gave me some cryptic numeric error code and will not let me do anything else. Re-boot same error. I tried reading or formatting in my PC and a still camera. The camera says bad CF. XP doesn't even recognize the card. I used this setup for hours on a gig a month ago with no problems.

Thank goodness Newegg will do a replacement within the first year.

Stelios Christofides April 2nd, 2009 07:55 AM

Look at the price of these cards now $99!!! I have just ordered mine for use with my Z5.

TS32GCF133, 32GB Transcend 133x High Speed CompactFlash Card

Stelios

Mark Morreau April 2nd, 2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Sobodos (Post 1040961)
Just a word to the wise, I was having issues recording to my MRC1 last night (which turned out to be a cable/ camera connector issue) so I decided to re-format the Transcend 32GB 133x CF in the MRC1. At the end it gave me some cryptic numeric error code and will not let me do anything else. Re-boot same error. I tried reading or formatting in my PC and a still camera. The camera says bad CF. XP doesn't even recognize the card. I used this setup for hours on a gig a month ago with no problems.

Was it this error code: A:19:91?

I had the same problem with the same card, but only after I'd formatted it. The card was working just fine before. Moral of this story, don't try and format the 32GB cards!

Steve Sobodos April 2nd, 2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Morreau (Post 1043323)
Was it this error code: A:19:91?

I had the same problem with the same card, but only after I'd formatted it. The card was working just fine before. Moral of this story, don't try and format the 32GB cards!

Same with me - formated the card in the MRC1, used the card on a gig, went to re-format the card, gone.

So the moral is: Do not Re-format the card once formatted.

Stelios Christofides April 2nd, 2009 02:34 PM

So guys, when you buy these cards (Transcend 32GB 133x CF ) are they formatted or not? How do you check that?

Stelios

Bruce Foreman April 2nd, 2009 03:15 PM

I wouldn't even bother. Any card which two samples of on this forum showed a failure after an attempt to reformat is NOT one I would even consider trusting for any work I cared about.

Some equipment manufacturers do caution against reformatting media in your computer, preferring you do that in their hardware instead. I ran into that issue with one camera but the media card "re-initialized" in the camera fine.

Transcend is one of those brands that I never heard about till it started showing up on some of the online vendors sites cheaper than the recognized quality name brands. There is a reason Transcend is cheaper and there are two posts above that essentially say it all.

I will pay the price for Sandisk or PNY media. I have never had those let me down, but I learned my lesson with Lexar early on.

Julian Frost April 2nd, 2009 08:00 PM

As far as CF cards are concerned, I think it's a crap-shoot either way. People many people swear by Sandisk cards, and about as many complain about them. The same is just as true for Kingston, PNY and Lexar. I have a 16GB Transcend 300x CF card, which I've used pretty much daily, and have not had a problem with it. I've read on-line reviews of Transcend cards and have often seen the statement that of all the cards tested, the Transcend cards were the only ones which did NOT have a problem.

Like I said, it's a crap shoot.

:-(

Julian

Steve Sobodos April 6th, 2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stelios Christofides (Post 1043684)
So guys, when you buy these cards (Transcend 32GB 133x CF ) are they formatted or not? How do you check that?

Stelios

My replacement card arrived, I plugged it into the MRC1 and it works fine (so far). No formatting required. The MRC1 prompts if you want to format or not (I think) on an unformatted CF. Otherwise it is buried in a menu.

Stelios Christofides April 7th, 2009 01:43 AM

Steve
My card also arrived yesterday (Transcend 32GB 133x CF) and I also plugged it into the MRC1 and it works 100%. So I don't see the reason now to buy more expensive cards. Ofcourse time will tell if it continues to work but I am sure it will.

Stelios

Logan McMillan August 2nd, 2009 09:28 PM

Card Failure

I have 2 x 8GB & 2 x 16GB Transcend cards. One of the 16 GB's failed on my Sony Flash recorder giving the death warning: "19:91".

The replacement card failed as soon as I put into the unit. It worked for 1 shot then locked up.

It didn't get near a computer and I only formatted it once. Very frustrating.

Although in saying that - I shot a feature using the other 3 cards and didn't have any problems at all.