Awesome news for canon users - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old March 12th, 2010, 05:26 AM   #421
Major Player

Since I still didn't get my DN-60 I contacted Datavideo Europe. They promised me that the DN-60 is to be delivered from the end of March.
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:51 AM   #422
Regular Crew

Kees, have you got your DN 60 yet and if so, any views on it?

Peter
Peter D. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #423
Major Player

Dirk So True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Bouwen View Post
Going solid state has also a lot of disadvantages.

When filming on tape, you've got the perfect back-up, for once and forever. Whatever goes wrong during you're editing process, the tape is still there as fall back. Even AFTER YEARS !!!

It may be more expensive, but I still prefer to have "hard media" in place instead of files, wandering around on systems. One glitch destroys them all.

In a purely digital workflow, you have to rely on the back-ups of your system. Assuming you make them frequently - any back-up ANY backup might bring you something back you didn't expect.
We should always keep in mind the potential for external HD's to crash as they have for me twice.

Last edited by Greg Clark; June 7th, 2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Posted before reading that the post was 2 years old
Greg Clark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders