Awesome news for canon users - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old May 5th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #91
Regular Crew

can you play back the footage through the camera lcd from the HVR-mrc1?

This past weekend we were shooting and using as a scene camera the little hg10 so that we could instantly jump around and see the takes (slightly lower perspective) that way we can instantly see the last take or 5 takes ago with no tape winding or searching, it was so convenient. So with this CF recorder the real benefit would be to be able to check it on camera rather than having to keep jumping from camera to a computer to load and check the clips.

And if it does not work (playback through LCD) with the A1 does it with the sony it comes with, since this alone may be enough to justify selling the A1 and going for the sony since it has 24p and comes with the CF recorder.
Chris Klidonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:20 AM   #92
Major Player

Sept./Oct. is still such a long time away....ahhh.....hate dumping footage via tape. :( Rather than spend money now for firestores, I'd rather wait it out and spend the money towards this unit.

Sorry, didn't mean to bump with such a useless rant :S.

When is NAB? I saw a date for oct. in Europe. Hoping someone comes up with a similar product to use with our A1s before Sony's release.
Randy Panado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:24 AM   #93
Trustee

Take a look at this link, it gives a brief look at the Sony camera and features

http://www.macvideo.tv/camera-techno...eviewid=100294
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM   #94
Regular Crew

Any news?

Has anyone heard anything more about this?
Paul Chiappini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 08:02 PM   #95
Trustee

Hi Paul,
I read the other day on another forum that this guy had been to a Sony roadshow in Australia & they had told him that it would be available later this year in Australia. I have nothing to back this up, but if it's true, then i will be the first in line to get my hands on one. Assuming the price is right of course! I am on the verge of buying a Firestore, but i think this would suit my needs much better. Heres hoping!!

Bryce
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:21 AM   #96
Trustee

You may also want to take a look at this video

http://www.macvideo.tv/reviews/index...eviewid=101575

I have the Canon XH A1 but after a couple of tape failures I am seriously looking at tapeless recording - the Sony may be my answer although I love the picture quality of the Canon
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:32 AM   #97
Regular Crew

Vincent,

Thanks for posting the link.
Paul Chiappini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #98
Regular Crew

I hope this isn't a needless "bump," but I am quite excited by the prospect of this little Compact-Flash recording device, AND it's nearly September. I don't suppose anyone has heard any more information on when and how much, etc?
Old September 4th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #99
Major Player

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Sony is going to either
(a) Not release this at all, realizing that they'll drive a bunch of XH, V1, etc.. owners out of the cam market for another 2-4 years.
(b) Realize that not one single other company has stepped up to fill this product gap and charge some outrageous amount of money.

Still can't believe Focus Enhancements or some other company doesn't have a unit like this. All the interfaces and software are engineered and paid for ... just point the data to a CF card instead of a hard drive. Sigh.
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #100
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Williams View Post
Is anyone else getting the feeling that Sony is going to either
(a) Not release this at all, realizing that they'll drive a bunch of XH, V1, etc.. owners out of the cam market for another 2-4 years.
(b) Realize that not one single other company has stepped up to fill this product gap and charge some outrageous amount of money.

Still can't believe Focus Enhancements or some other company doesn't have a unit like this. All the interfaces and software are engineered and paid for ... just point the data to a CF card instead of a hard drive. Sigh.
Patience.
Sony will release it for public use. After all it's more money in Sony's pocket when they do. And Sony is all about making money. =)

Anyway, I remember talking to a Sony rep several months back and said that it would be released sometime around OCT-FEB, and run somewhere around $1,200 or so.
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #101
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
Anyway, I remember talking to a Sony rep several months back and said that it would be released sometime around OCT-FEB, and run somewhere around $1,200 or so.
Ah... so option B it is ;)
Old September 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #102
Major Player

Check the news section like I said september, get ready for some tapeless action guys!
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM   #103
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. King View Post
Check the news section like I said september, get ready for some tapeless action guys!
"The HVR-MRC1K memory recording unit is expected to cost ¥98,490 (US $900)."

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/digital-v...0-hvr-z5j.html
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #104
New Boot

It is being advertised as available in the UK, but no price I can find.
Sony : HVR-MRC1K (HVRMRC1K) : Product Overview : United Kingdom
Anyone know of availability or pricing in their part of the world?
Grant Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:06 AM   #105
Trustee

Here is a the official line from Sony UK

"The HVR-MRC1K is due to be shipped in October so we are hoping to have stocks around the middle of the month. At the moment we have tentative list price in the region of £580.00 excl VAT but the final price will be down to the Dealers."
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders