Attaching the memory card reader. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old March 5th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Major Player

Attaching the memory card reader.

I need to use the memory card reader that comes with the Z7u with my FX-1000. I guess I have never thought about it before, but how do you connect it? With the batter attached, there is a threaded hole at the bottom, but how do I connect that to the camera. I'm sure this is a dumb question and someone will quickly post a link that saves the day!

Thanks!
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Major Player

I thought that when you bought the stand alone MRC1 kit, it came with some sort of mount for the hot-shoe. And then you connect it through the Firewire connector. The MRC1 that comes with the Z7 wouldn't have any need for the other mounting bits or special firewire cable since it docks directly to the camcorder.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #3
Major Player

You'll probably need something like this:
Rycote | 037302 Hot Shoe 3/8" Adaptor | 037302 | B&H Photo

Jun

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders