DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hard-drive-memory-card-recorders/)
-   -   How many people use 133x cards? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hard-drive-memory-card-recorders/200083-how-many-people-use-133x-cards.html)

James Stone April 15th, 2009 08:52 AM

How many people use 133x cards?

Fry's is having a sale on their Kingston 16gig 133x cards. Before I buy a stack of them for my first shoot, how many people have had no problems with 133x cards? I've read though the posts and people use them but some of the posts are dated.

I also saw that I should wait until it finishes buffering to the card after I stop recording before starting again. Is this still and issue?

The manuals says they should be 133x at the minimum but real word experiences would help me out a lot.

Oh yeah I'll be renting the Z7U with the unit and shoot/rec HDV to both tape and CF.

Thanks for the help,

James

Gabor Heeres April 15th, 2009 11:42 AM

I use two cards: the Sony 8 GB 300x supplied with my S270 camcorder and a Transcend 16 GB 133x. Except the size and readingspeed I do not discover any differences. The Transcend 16 GB 133x works fine.

Stelios Christofides April 15th, 2009 02:27 PM

Besides the Sony x306 16GB I am also using the 32GB Transcend CompactFlash Card (133X Speed). No problems so far.

Stelios

Garrett Low April 16th, 2009 01:13 PM

Hey James, I've got 4 of these Kingston 16GB x133 cards and I've had no problems with any of them. I just used them for a two day movie shoot and again last week for a short 1 hour interview. No problems.

I really haven't decided if I like the Cache mode or not. You are right in that it seems to confuse the unit if you start/stop while the cache is writing. I tend to use the cashe only if I know i"m going to be recording long scenes. When I'm working with a director that lieks to stop rolling a lot and give some quick direction then start action again I don't use the cache mode because it has screwed up.

BTW, what's Fry's price on the cards?

Garrett

Jon Goulden April 17th, 2009 12:54 AM

RiData cards

FYI, I've been using the Ridata 32Gb 233x cards available at supermediastore.com for $105. For this price I went with the faster media.

Scott Millar May 31st, 2009 01:23 AM

i use the kingston 133x 32GB cards, no problems what so ever, I have shot 2 weddings with them

Richard Hunter May 31st, 2009 03:06 AM

I'm using the same as Scott. So far no problems.

Richard

Tyge Floyd June 7th, 2009 11:58 PM

I'm using the Kingston 16gig 133x cards with a XL-H1a with zero problems in Syncro Mode. I have experienced some lag in Cache Mode at the end of the recording. If you start recording before the unit finishes writing the last file the camera will record to tape but the unit will miss that clip.

I just ordered a Ridata 16gig 233x card to see if the faster card will reduce the lag at the end of a recording in Cache Mode. If it helps, I'll be biting the bullet and ordering faster cards.

Just wanted to add that I've been more than happy with this recording unit. Best money I've spent on gear in a long time.

Mark Morreau June 8th, 2009 06:01 AM

I'm using the Transcend 133X 32GB cards. They work just fine BUT you can't format them in the MRC1K! If you do, you seem to render the card useless. So I just delete the clips that're on the card when I need to reuse it. This format issue seems to be due to the card size. I also tried Transcend 133X 16GB cards and they format and play just fine.

James Strange June 8th, 2009 06:07 PM

I had the same issue with the Transcend 32gb x133 cards, dont format them, just 'delete all'

Jonathan Plotkin June 13th, 2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Stone (Post 1095758)
Fry's is having a sale on their Kingston 16gig 133x cards.

FYI, I just bought a couple of 32 GB Kingston 133x at buy.com for $68. each with free shipping. Seems like a great deal...