Right side of footage messed up with CS3 export at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old May 4th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Right side of footage messed up with CS3 export

Hey all,
Not sure exactly how to describe this problem, so I'm attaching an image too. . .
Using Premiere Pro CS3 v. 3.2.0
Importing .M2T files from Sony HVR-MRC1K recorded with Canon XH-A1
Files are 30F, 1440x1080 with a PAR of 1.333

Footage appears fine when editing in Premiere or playing in Media Player Classic.

When I export at 1920x1080 (square pixels), my new files have an odd, flickering repetition of a part of the left side of the frame in the right third of the frame (see attached picture).

This problem is codec-independent: I get the same results exporting to Quicktime, .WMV, H.264, or Lagarith .AVI.

This problem does NOT happen if I export to a different size or pixel aspect ratio.

This problem does NOT happen with footage captured from tape through Premiere Pro (.Mpeg extension).

This problem does NOT happen if I "Interpret Footage" in Premiere Pro and select "Conform to Square Pixels (1.0)" and then scale my footage horizontally by 133.3% in the Effect Controls after placing the clip on the timeline.

The problem-area seems to me, to be occupying the difference in space that would be taken by 1440x1080 footage with square pixels and 1920x1080 footage with square pixels.

At first, I didn't think it had anything to do with the HVR-MRC1K, until I read this thread on Adobe's forums:

Adobe Forums: Export to QT Movie - flickering on...

Seriously, any thoughts? I'm stumped.
Attached Thumbnails
Right side of footage messed up with CS3 export-rubys_walk_02.jpg  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders