compact fkash card question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old May 18th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

compact fkash card question

I keep getting two copies of each clip on my flash card with the 270. The clips are fine but because there are two copies of each clip that reduces my space on the 32 gig transend card down to a 16gig card. After I copy the clips to my HD I delete the folder "video" on the card..... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Ronnie Martin
Page 1

Last edited by Ronnie Martin; May 18th, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
Ronnie Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Martin View Post
I keep getting two copies of each clip on my flash card with the 270. The clips are fine but because there are two copies of each clip that reduces my space on the 32 gig transend card down to a 16gig card. After I copy the clips to my HD I delete the folder "video" on the card..... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Ronnie Martin
Page 1
When you only delete 'video' there is still a number of files on the card. I advise to format the card in the recorder.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:12 AM   #3
Trustee

It is good practice to format the cards every time in the camera before you use it again, it will initialise the directory structure and clear any files.
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #4
Major Player

Are there really two copies of the same file? Or a .M2T file & a .IDX file for each clip (each w/ the same name before the file extension)?

The M2T & IDX files work together, my understanding is one is the clip, the second is the clip info that FCP & other software needs to understand the video. The IDX files are only about 4k, so they are no where nearly the size of the M2T files & wouldn't be cutting the space on your card in half.

Now if you have two M2T files & two IDX files per clip, then that is just strange. I'd say reformat & see if that fixes the problem.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders