HVR-MRC1 with the FX1000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old June 29th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HVR-MRC1 with the FX1000

Okay, I sprung for the card recorder and purchased two 133x CF cards.

The only way I can make it work with the FX1000 is to run it in follow mode with a tape running simultaneously.

The book says that it will only work in follow mode with the FX1000.

Is there a setting that will make it work without a tape in the FX1000?

Also, I'm trying to figure out a way to avoid buying the $200.00 bracket that Sony has for mounting it on the trial mount of the camera. Right now, when I'm shooting interviews, I have a Rycote hot shoe extension that holds me light and my shotgun mic. If I could find a cheaper tripod mount for the MRC1K, that would be great.

Thanks!
Jonathan W. Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Go Cycle

Get the following bracket instead:

Bracket 1: Video Camera Bracket system for Mounting Wireless Microphone Receivers and Accessories to your camcorder

Lou Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan W. Hickman View Post
Okay, I sprung for the card recorder and purchased two 133x CF cards.

The only way I can make it work with the FX1000 is to run it in follow mode with a tape running simultaneously.

The book says that it will only work in follow mode with the FX1000.

Is there a setting that will make it work without a tape in the FX1000?

Also, I'm trying to figure out a way to avoid buying the $200.00 bracket that Sony has for mounting it on the trial mount of the camera. Right now, when I'm shooting interviews, I have a Rycote hot shoe extension that holds me light and my shotgun mic. If I could find a cheaper tripod mount for the MRC1K, that would be great.

Thanks!
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

you can get it to work without tape by pressing the two record buttons(the record button and the one next to it) on the mrc at the same time.
Ron Wilber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders