Any MRC1 issues with the XH-A1s ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old August 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Any MRC1 issues with the XH-A1s ?

I'm aware of the compatibility issues with the XH-A1 [ I have them myself ] - are the same issues present with the new A1s regarding the MRC1 seeing the camera as a computer ?

Last edited by Darin Clifton; August 30th, 2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: typo , clarify
Darin Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Anybody out there ???

OK - does anybody HAVE an XH-A1s that they are using an MRC1 with ??
Old September 10th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Me Too!

I was just about to ask the same thing!
John Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Major Player

I Think it will be the same as it not made for the camera. 6pin Firewire or 4pin that is no different the only different is the battery will last longer It an easy way to by pass if it in the computer mode. access the MRC and choose follow and get out the menu then go back in there and chose sync again and you should be good it frustrating for me when i shoot the weeding that it happen and i sold the unit and get myself the FSH200.
Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew

A1s

I'm aware that certain A1's will work with no problems while others have the "computer" recognition issue. My A1 won't work 2% of the time - my partner's A1 will work with my MRC1 every time !

I'm just wanting to know if there are users of the MRC1 who are using them with an XH-A1s and what their results have been.

The brain in the A1 may be the same as in the "s" - but then again there may subtle differences that would make it more readily compatible with the CF recorder.

John and I have both decided that the way to solve this problem is quite simple - we just go and buy the Z5.........................problem solved !

Ordered yours yet John ??
Old February 4th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #6
Major Player

hvr-mrc1 and xh-A1

Got a workflow to make these work together? So far mine won't recognize each other.
Larry Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Re: Any MRC1 issues with the XH-A1s ?

We have 2 XHA1s cameras, and just ordered a couple of MRC1s.... forgot to order the battery, and charging device. There's a good thread here on some good mounting ideas, I plan on using one on my cameras. http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh...nt-w-pics.html

Oh, 6pin to 6pin FW.... will have to get a separate smaller cale for my cameras.
David Stembridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:00 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Re: Anybody out there ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Clifton View Post
OK - does anybody HAVE an XH-A1s that they are using an MRC1 with ??
Darin,
I have 1, and have been doing a little testin this evening... Sony has a FCP plugin that allows you to plug in your CF card, and log and transfer. It works great.

The one thing I noticed was that when the MRC1 is set to Cam Link = ON, and the setting Cam Link SEL set to Follow, there is no need to do anything on my XHA1s, when I have tape in the camera. It starts the MRC1 and tape at the same time. NOW, I noticed that there is a delay on the MRC1. At first I thought there was a setting or something I had wrong; but it appears that this is normal. Will have to compensate.

I will have to order a bracket, I tried creating something like this thread shows: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh...nt-w-pics.html BUT, my attempt didn't work very well.

Mounting the unit on top of the camera of course adds weight, and I'd prefer having it towards the back. I did like the setup Rickey Brillantes has set up. Makes sense to have the unit right where you can easily see it.

It is light weight, and works out of the box. You definitely need to figure out the best way to mount, and connect, so it doesn't cause more issues just trying to gather video, So far, I like it!
David Stembridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:08 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Re: Any MRC1 issues with the XH-A1s ?

In case you haven't seen this... this is the workflow that worked for my A1....YMMV
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh...eless-kit.html
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders