MRC1 in CS4 or other? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old November 8th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #1
New Boot

MRC1 in CS4 or other?

Purchased MRC1 and it works as described, unfortunately I need to upgrade from PP 1.5 to CS 4 to get a timeline that will sync all the files together. I tried using the Sony utility and/or direct capture but 1.5 will not accept files. I know Sony literature only states CS4

SO, I have 2 questions; First is there cheaper editing package that will work other than paying the upgrade price for CS4 that will do the job? Elements?

Second, is there a way to get MRC1 files into Sorensen 4.5 (either using Sony Utility software or direct capture) I've tried both ways and they end up as multiple files in Sorensen and when burned to a cd as mpeg-1 they are not "stitched" together.

All this for the sake of a better work-flow and redundancy.
Carl Sobeck is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders