Using ru_util with Win7? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:28 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Using ru_util with Win7?

Is anyone doing this yet? I've heard a few reports that it may not run properly. Anyone have experience either way?
Old February 6th, 2010, 01:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I use the Sony Utility on my Win x64 system witrh no problems at all. Run it by right clicking on the .exe and choose Troubleshoot Compatibilty. When the next box pop ups, choose Troubleshoot progam, then 'The program worked in an earlier version' then choose Vista SP2. Utility will work fine, then choose to save this option and you won't have to do it again.

Works a charm with any programs that you may have an issue with.
Old February 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Good to know, thanks.
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Is anyone doing this yet? I've heard a few reports that it may not run properly. Anyone have experience either way?
I have found the following work around. Removing the compact flash card from the MRC1 and putting it in an internal card reader allows ru_util to see the files which I can then transfer to a hard drive for editing. Otherwise, ru_util does not see data if I leave it in the MRC1 and cradle and link with 6 pin to 6 pin firewire.
Andrew Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #5
Inner Circle

This is apparently the issue and the fix...

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-bla...ndows-7-a.html
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #6
New Boot

ru_util repair

Thanks very much for the link to ru_util repair in Windows 7. It worked exactly as described. MRC1 in cradle linked by 6 pin to 6 pin firewire to my editing software performs perfectly.
Andrew Webster is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders