Belkin PCI-E Firewire 800 reader faulty install at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old June 17th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #1
Trustee

Belkin PCI-E Firewire 800 reader faulty install

In case anyone else has suffered the same problems as I have, may I remind readers planning to buy one of these PCI-E cars to go with a Sandisk Extreme Firewire 800 reader that the installation instructions on the supplied CD are incorrect. The Belkin site describes the errors as "slight" but they seem to me to be fairly fundamental. The model I'm referring to is F5U602.

The website has the correct installation routines and in truth, once I got the thing going it flies - about 10 minutes for a 16Gb card.

Having said that I haven't installed the USB2 elements of the same card - the installation of those drivers simply froze the computer altogether.

Even further to that, the reader used in conjunction with the Sony software seems to have imported the files from the CF cards into the computer - but also rendered the CF cards useless. There's no sign of the original files on any of the 8 cards I was using and in the MRC-1K they no report Format Error. At present I'm copying my files to a secure place before examining further but this looks to be a mess. The cards are 16Gb Pretec 233X incidentally.

Last edited by Philip Howells; June 17th, 2010 at 05:21 AM. Reason: developing situation
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Trustee

An update - firstly to correct the confusion I caused originally - I'm dealing with a Sandisk Extreme Firewire 800 reader running off a Belkin PCI-e card.

I really seem to have hit a glitch which has been self-overcome. I've tried recreating the situation but to no avail.

The only change I've made is to copy the files from the CF cards to my archive first, then import the same files using the Sony software.

Sorry to have confused people - and for creating a not very informative thread.

Note to Mod - if you want to remove the entire thread which could otherwise lead future searchers into a blind alley I'd understand.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders