MRC1K not always records at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old September 16th, 2010, 05:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

MRC1K not always records

I have the Z7 & FX1000 & 2 MRC1K, twice now the MRC1K did not go into record when record was hit on the camera (it has happened with both cameras & both recorders). Both times everything was on the video backup. Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Allen
Allen Bartnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #2
New Boot

Hit the Cam Link button - make sure the recorder is linked to the camera to record simultaneously.

BJ
B.J. Hjelholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

It might depend on how quickly you stop one shot and start the next.

The card needs time to index the clip, if you press stop and then start immediately, it's perhaps not long enough.

Peter
Peter D. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Make sure CAM LINK is on for both recorders.

You don't say whether it has ever worked, never worked, or usually works but sometimes doesn't.

The FX doesn't have EXT REC CTRL but the Z7 does; make sure it is set to SYNCHRONOUS and that the MRC attached to this cam has CAM LINK SEL is set to SYNCHRO as well. On the FX, make sure the MRC attached to it is set for CAM LINK SEL to FOLLOW.

Have you ruled out a card failure? What brand, size and speed of card are you using?
Old September 16th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the advice. I double checked my settings and I have them the way you suggested. I am using a Sandisk Extreme 3-32GB card. I have used each camera this year for about 15 weddings each and have had no other problems with them. How do I know if it's a disk error?
Allen Bartnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Re: MRC1K not always records

Sometimes that happens to me. I assume that I sometimes start up the camcorder and start recording before the card writer has properly booted.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders