Best method to import files from CF? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old December 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #1
New Boot

Best method to import files from CF?

Is it better to import the files with the card in the MRC1K through the firewire port using the supplied software or without the supplied software OR is it just as good to put the CF card in my card reader and import them that way? TIA Eric
Eric Feinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I use an external FW800 reader. Fast and foolproof. I use the supplied ru_util software as we are always joining long files. But if you don't need that it's much faster without.
Old December 16th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #3

I just use the card reader on my PC. Works a treat but I have thought about buying a Sony MRW62E card reader.
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #4
Regular Crew

There is a risk to have data corrupted if you transfer data using CF reader. There might appear compatibility issues between the card and reader. I personally recommend to use same brand for the cards and reader, and use MRC1K for transfer data.
Old January 11th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #5
Trustee

I've had one problem using a FW800 reader but not a USB2 - provided you use the supplied software. I think the FW800 problem was due to flaky Belkin connector card - research showed that the supplied software was completely wrong. Bad choice of supplier - they're now on our blacklist.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders