HVR-MRC1K - don't want multiple clips. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old February 24th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HVR-MRC1K - don't want multiple clips.

I have a MRC1K that I'm using on my Sony VX2100s and a Canon XH-A1. I'm an Adobe CS5 user on Windows.

With the XH-A1 synchronizing with the MRC1K (going to tape and CF in parallel) in a run-and-gun situation I get a new clip on the MRC1K each time the recording is started/stopped. If I was to capture the tape, I would get a single M2T with all the clips concatenated. When I bring the clips in from the MRC1K I get all the separate clips as individual M2Ts. For simplicity in Premiere, I would much rather have one long M2T that I edit from. I understand, and have used, the ru_util software from Sony, and it works as intended (to stitch TC continuous M2T files back together that have been split due to Fat32). In my case the files have been "split" by me stopping/starting the recording.

So, is there a setting or process that can get me the "tape capture experience" using the MRC1K?
Old February 24th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: HVR-MRC1K - don't want multiple clips.

Nope. Unless you render all the clips out to a new one.

But why would you want to? You're going to slice everything up to edit it anyway, right? Isn't that what editing is? Cutting out all the bad parts and re-arranging the rest so it tells a story?

Most people were really upset that Premiere doesn't do scene detection with HDV.

All that being said, check this out:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-def...-hdvsplit.html

Last edited by Adam Gold; February 24th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders