New Sony HDD Recorder (HVR-DR60) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old October 10th, 2006, 08:18 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Not sure if this is a good way, but it works

Not sure if this is a good way, but it works

Buy some stretch elastic and velcro at your local fabric store.

Cut off about 6 inches of elastic and tie it to the end of the Firewire cord so it is centered with 3 inches of elastic on either side.

Sew/hotglue on velcro to the ends. Now simply wrap the elastic around the camera/device and attatch the velcro. The elastic will provide a constant pressure to keep the plug in.

Peace, Rolland
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #17
Regular Crew

B & H has this on pre-order for $1499.00
Craig Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 05:18 PM   #18
New Boot

Shipping Date

I just searched everywhere to buy a HVR-DR60 and could not find one in stock. Does anyone know if these are in stock anywhere, or if not when they will ship.
Rene Thomas Folse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 06:57 PM   #19
Major Player

Supposedly the 2nd week of January. I have one on order but also purchased a new 120G swappable Nnovia for almost the same price; they're bigger, but a lot more storage space and functionality, and work incredibly well :)
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 09:52 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Can you use Final Cut Pro HD to edit the mpeg2 files from the Sony DCR-SR100?
Brett Whited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Sony HVR-DR60

Just heard that the HVR-DR60s for Europe is stopped in England, and returned to Sony, because the unit does not support FCP and Avid OMF.
Old January 27th, 2007, 10:05 AM   #22
Trustee

Sony is just weird, I guess since they make VAIO's they're on the PC side yet allot of their prosumer stuff is bought by Apple users~ yet go to Macworld (showed off the Sony FX-1 HDV) and talk about their great respect for Apple and their users yet leave allot of Apple users with no solutions to using allot of their products (when was the last time anyone saw a Sony product with Mac software???)
Sony also debuts new HDV cams (FX7 etc) yet none of these cams can use their HVR unit because they don't enable the proper "rec out" commands via firewire (iLink) and only their upper end V1U does this (a simple change on the board would have made this work on their other units)......I just don't understand Sony at all!!!

They show signs of brilliance with some of their products yet always leave "something" out......just don't get that company!
Old January 27th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #23
Regular Crew

They ment that this had to be fixed in hardware, so it is not just a software problem. In that case it will take some time before its on the marked.
I have just sold my FS-4 HD, and was waiting for the Sony, to make my recordings easyer. I really need the 14 sec buffer.
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:12 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Availability

Does anybody know if these are available anywhere? I have heard conflicting info about orders etc. Can they be purchased in Ireland?
Stephen Kettyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #25
Major Player

<bump>
Anyone know what the stateside delivery timeline is for the HVR-DR60?
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #26
Major Player

Next week from my rep - finally. I'm sure at NAB Sony will have a larger model, too.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #27
New Boot

[They ment that this had to be fixed in hardware, so it is not just a software problem.
I have just sold my FS-4 HD, and was waiting for the Sony, to make my recordings easyer. I really need the 14 sec buffer.]

I'm trying to understand the compatibility of HVRDR60 with FCP Mac plataform (mainly in DV Standard Definition cause that's what I'm using right now) but it seems like it just trickier every time...

Has anyone already tested this Sony HD? The "raw dv" it delivers is or is not compatible with FCP? And, in HD, the m2t has to be converted before going to FCP??

Arnt, another doubt, what is the 14 sec buffer???

Thank you all.
Juliana Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Hi everyone.
Just picked up my new HVR-DR60, and starts recording tonight. Comments will follow as soon as I have
seen what this little box can do. Curious on the transfer speed from the 1,8" disc to the Desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliana Mori View Post
Trying to understand the compatibility of HVRDR60 with FCP Mac plataform (mainly in DV Standard Definition cause that's what I'm using right now) but it seems like it just trickier every time...

Has anyone already tested this Sony HD? The "raw dv" it delivers is or is not compatible with FCP? And, in HD, the m2t has to be converted before going to FCP??

Arnt, another doubt, what is the 14 sec buffer???

Thank you all.
Hi Juliana.
Not sure howe FCP will react on the DR-60, but I am told that you can not edit on the disc itself.
You need to import the files to a new HD, because on the DR60 every file is in its own folder???

The 14 sec buffer is simply a prerecord to the disc. Very handy if you are waiting a long time for something that suddenly will appear or happen. When I hit the REC button, it will also record the
previous 14 seconds to the DR-60.
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #29
New Boot

good news, Arnt

finally someone will find out what's true and what's just legend about the so called dr60

editing on the disc itself is not a problem for me, if the transfer speed is fast enough

please, I'd ask you to see that compability matter in SD mode (footage "dv raw" from the DR60 to Final Cut) and let me informed

at last, I don't get the prerecord stuff: before you reach the power button to record, it has the previous 14sec recorded? seems like magic... like airplane's cockpit voice recorder?

enjoy your new toy!
Juliana Mori is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders