DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hard-drive-memory-card-recorders/)
-   -   Any DR-60's delivered yet? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hard-drive-memory-card-recorders/82267-any-dr-60s-delivered-yet.html)

Neal Wagner December 21st, 2006 02:06 PM

Any DR-60's delivered yet?

Well, my V1U is on the truck but no news of the DR-60. Has anyone received their DR-60 yet? Any eary reports?

Greg Quinn December 21st, 2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Wagner
Well, my V1U is on the truck but no news of the DR-60. Has anyone received their DR-60 yet? Any eary reports?

B&H told me January.

Marshall Levy December 21st, 2006 04:05 PM

I was told the first week of January but then it got me thinking...$1500 for the 60G Sony, which does have its benefits (particularly the size), or $2000 for the 120G swappable Nnovia. I have three Nnovia drives and they haven't had any problems and are always used. They are bigger and are qutie different than the Sony, but...60G really isn't that much - wonder if Sony will make a larger one. Regardless, though, I've ordered both a Sony and a new Nnovia, with a separate 120G drive ($450~) so if you want comparisons, I'll post them shortly thereafter.

Greg Quinn February 25th, 2007 12:34 PM

Has anyone gotten one of these devices yet (DSE?)? Any updates on timing? Mine's still on backorder from B&H...

Greg

Santi de la Fuente February 25th, 2007 01:08 PM

In other sony HDV forum I find a post from someone who has received their HVR-DR60 yesterday.

Greg Quinn February 26th, 2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santi de la Fuente
In other sony HDV forum I find a post from someone who has received their HVR-DR60 yesterday.

Which forum? I just spoke with B&H and they implied that it's still weeks away. I ordered mine as part of a package with the V1U, but if it hasn't arrived by next week I'm going to ask them to cancel it and get a refund for the DR60 portion against the current best V1U price - I'm sure that I won't be alone in this. It's functionally the equivalent of me giving B&H an interest free loan for a quarter. I've now started to investigate other hard drive options.

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 26th, 2007 10:56 AM

It would be nice to have any confirmation from anyone that they've rec'd their DR 60. We haven't rec'd ours; to our knowledge they're still on backorder.

Larry Kamerman February 26th, 2007 01:48 PM

Jut got an email from B&H that they have 'em in stock. Look here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...&O=&sku=461819

Greg Quinn February 26th, 2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Kamerman
Jut got an email from B&H that they have 'em in stock. Look here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...&O=&sku=461819

Wow, the B&H guy told me about 2 hours ago that they weren't expected in soon. Time for another phone call to B&H...

[UPDATE]
They now say that I should receive it by Wednesday/Thursday

Paul Cronin February 26th, 2007 03:01 PM

Hi,

I am also interested in the DR-60 for my Z1. I look forward to input now that they are in stock and being delivered.

Marshall Levy February 26th, 2007 03:37 PM

Finally, they're available. I'll see how mine go once they arrive - two on the way. I just wonder, though, how soon it'll be until Sony has larger drives at a lower price. 60G (4-1/2 hours) really isn't that much. I have 100 & 120G drives in my Nnovia's and that's a great amount of space....60G has me concerned.

Greg Quinn February 26th, 2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Levy
I just wonder, though, how soon it'll be until Sony has larger drives at a lower price. 60G (4-1/2 hours) really isn't that much. I have 100 & 120G drives in my Nnovia's and that's a great amount of space....60G has me concerned.

I wonder if they use a standard HD inside, which is (unintentionally) replaceable. I agree, 4.5 hours is beginning to look a little low.

Marshall Levy February 26th, 2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
I wonder if they use a standard HD inside, which is (unintentionally) replaceable. I agree, 4.5 hours is beginning to look a little low.

Completely agree. I film a lot of seminars where I have a 2-3 day turnaround requirement. With this drive, I'd need about 3-4 of them. Instead, I use two 120G Nnovia's for this...once one is near capacity, I dub a tape to a laptop, swap drives, upload the first to the computer and repeat. Before the seminar is over all of the footage is ready to edit. Alternatively, while I am getting a few DR60's for certain projects, the way that hard drives are being released these days with such large capacities, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony releases a much larger model for not much difference in price, somewhere around the time of NAB. I'll see what I can dig up...I'll make some phone calls :)

Giroud Francois February 27th, 2007 01:29 AM

does somebody know if there are country specific models like the firestore.
This model is not labeled U or E like other product of sony ,does it mean it can record and play 50/60 HDV ?

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 27th, 2007 04:36 AM

The DR 60 will record whatever stream is sent via the 1394 port on the cam ie; 24p, 25p, 30p, 50i, 60i