Any DR-60's delivered yet? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old December 21st, 2006, 02:06 PM   #1
New Boot

Any DR-60's delivered yet?

Well, my V1U is on the truck but no news of the DR-60. Has anyone received their DR-60 yet? Any eary reports?
Neal Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Wagner
Well, my V1U is on the truck but no news of the DR-60. Has anyone received their DR-60 yet? Any eary reports?
B&H told me January.
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 04:05 PM   #3
Major Player

I was told the first week of January but then it got me thinking...$1500 for the 60G Sony, which does have its benefits (particularly the size), or $2000 for the 120G swappable Nnovia. I have three Nnovia drives and they haven't had any problems and are always used. They are bigger and are qutie different than the Sony, but...60G really isn't that much - wonder if Sony will make a larger one. Regardless, though, I've ordered both a Sony and a new Nnovia, with a separate 120G drive ($450~) so if you want comparisons, I'll post them shortly thereafter.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #4
Major Player

Has anyone gotten one of these devices yet (DSE?)? Any updates on timing? Mine's still on backorder from B&H...

Greg
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #5
New Boot

In other sony HDV forum I find a post from someone who has received their HVR-DR60 yesterday.
Santi de la Fuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santi de la Fuente
In other sony HDV forum I find a post from someone who has received their HVR-DR60 yesterday.
Which forum? I just spoke with B&H and they implied that it's still weeks away. I ordered mine as part of a package with the V1U, but if it hasn't arrived by next week I'm going to ask them to cancel it and get a refund for the DR60 portion against the current best V1U price - I'm sure that I won't be alone in this. It's functionally the equivalent of me giving B&H an interest free loan for a quarter. I've now started to investigate other hard drive options.
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #7

It would be nice to have any confirmation from anyone that they've rec'd their DR 60. We haven't rec'd ours; to our knowledge they're still on backorder.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Jut got an email from B&H that they have 'em in stock. Look here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...&O=&sku=461819
Old February 26th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Kamerman
Jut got an email from B&H that they have 'em in stock. Look here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...&O=&sku=461819
Wow, the B&H guy told me about 2 hours ago that they weren't expected in soon. Time for another phone call to B&H...

[UPDATE]
They now say that I should receive it by Wednesday/Thursday
Old February 26th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Hi,

I am also interested in the DR-60 for my Z1. I look forward to input now that they are in stock and being delivered.
Old February 26th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #11
Major Player

Finally, they're available. I'll see how mine go once they arrive - two on the way. I just wonder, though, how soon it'll be until Sony has larger drives at a lower price. 60G (4-1/2 hours) really isn't that much. I have 100 & 120G drives in my Nnovia's and that's a great amount of space....60G has me concerned.
Old February 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Levy
I just wonder, though, how soon it'll be until Sony has larger drives at a lower price. 60G (4-1/2 hours) really isn't that much. I have 100 & 120G drives in my Nnovia's and that's a great amount of space....60G has me concerned.
I wonder if they use a standard HD inside, which is (unintentionally) replaceable. I agree, 4.5 hours is beginning to look a little low.
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
I wonder if they use a standard HD inside, which is (unintentionally) replaceable. I agree, 4.5 hours is beginning to look a little low.
Completely agree. I film a lot of seminars where I have a 2-3 day turnaround requirement. With this drive, I'd need about 3-4 of them. Instead, I use two 120G Nnovia's for this...once one is near capacity, I dub a tape to a laptop, swap drives, upload the first to the computer and repeat. Before the seminar is over all of the footage is ready to edit. Alternatively, while I am getting a few DR60's for certain projects, the way that hard drives are being released these days with such large capacities, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony releases a much larger model for not much difference in price, somewhere around the time of NAB. I'll see what I can dig up...I'll make some phone calls :)
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:29 AM   #14
Inner Circle

does somebody know if there are country specific models like the firestore.
This model is not labeled U or E like other product of sony ,does it mean it can record and play 50/60 HDV ?
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:36 AM   #15

The DR 60 will record whatever stream is sent via the 1394 port on the cam ie; 24p, 25p, 30p, 50i, 60i
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders