HVR-DR60 to Final Cut Pro? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old December 19th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #16
Regular Crew

That time I was using HDV 1080i60 (as that's what I had recorded in); but still having no luck with ProRes 422, 23.98. HDV Firewire. It brings up the no options (capture now?) window, actually starts to capture a few frames, then beachballs. If left alone, it does put a clip in the browser with 0:00 length; but still locks up until the DR60 is turned off. Aaargh... hurry up with that plugin, Sony.
Edwin Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:21 PM   #17
Wrangler

If you shot 1080i (non progressive) I wouldn't choose the prores capture setup. I would try the regular Sony HDV. You probably have already.

You should shoot some 24pa and try the HV > prores setup. Works great.
Frederic Lumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #18
Regular Crew

It acts like a communication problem somewhere between the DR60 and the Mac... I might try a different firewire cable (soon as I scounge up another one). It wants to see the drive, but then locks up. Copying to the computer in "Computer" mode with finder is also somewhat slow and buggy, using that cable. Communication with the V1U (using the supplied 6pin to 4pin) works just fine.
Old February 9th, 2008, 11:29 PM   #19
Regular Crew

FCP pro rez codec DR60

Frederic, I followed your set-up as you instructed using FCP6, and I did get the pop up where you typed in a clip name. But then, the cueing tape window came up and nothing happened. Does it just take a while? Does one need to also hit play on the DR60? Any suggestions? thanks for your attention....

Jerry
Sioux City, Iowa
Jerry Mennenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:07 PM   #20
Regular Crew

The link for the DR60/FCP plugin has appeared on Sony's website! Much rejoicing!

...unfortunately, you get a 403 error when you click on it; but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan..._software.html
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:08 PM   #21
Regular Crew

the link no longer works...."age not found error"

Does anyone know of this software ships with the Z7?
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM   #22
Major Player

My Z7 didn't come with any software. The link above used to have a description of the FCP plug-in software, but it is gone now. The page also had a link to a pc version of the transfer software which was active.
Kevin Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #23
Regular Crew

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/...dv/fcp_plugin/

Here is the plug-in. It's used with Log and Transfer. It's a converter like XDCAM EX clips. You cannot use them natively still. A bummer but at least it's not another app.
Drew Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Anyone had any luck with this? Apparently I'm not using it correctly, but there's precious little information with it.
Old March 15th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Long View Post
http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/...dv/fcp_plugin/

Here is the plug-in. It's used with Log and Transfer. It's a converter like XDCAM EX clips. You cannot use them natively still. A bummer but at least it's not another app.
Thanks a lot! Goodbye mpeg streamclip!
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Wilson View Post
Anyone had any luck with this? Apparently I'm not using it correctly, but there's precious little information with it.
What issues are you having with it? Can't help you until you tell us what's going on?
Drew Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #27
Regular Crew

To be honest, I get the feeling I'm not using the log-and-transfer function correctly. Can some one walk me through how they're ingesting DR-60 footage with log-and-transfer and the plugin?

EDIT: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Turns out maybe I was impatient. After using the "Add folder" button and dragging the HVDF folder off the DR-60 to the Browse window, it did see the clips! However, the actual m2t files are still grayed out in Finder and it gave me a warning about "Unsupported format or file structure"; but it DID display the clips AND transcoded them to prores422. I notice the only pulldown choice under Preferences is 24pA.

OK. Maybe time to play some more, but this is a lot quicker than Mpeg Streamclip; and maybe I won't have to ebay it after all.

I am still interested in hearing other folk's workflows with this plugin, however.

Last edited by Edwin Wilson; March 17th, 2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Eureka!
Old March 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM   #28
New Boot

Is it true?

Is this plugin working for you guys? Would be a great help to be able to finally use this hard drive with FCP.
Adam Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 07:35 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Been working fine for me, both DV and HDV coming in fine - with HDV transfers actually faster into my MBPro.
Jamie Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM   #30
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Allan View Post
Been working fine for me, both DV and HDV coming in fine - with HDV transfers actually faster into my MBPro.
Hi Jamie what versions of OSX and FCP are you using? I am on leopard 10.5.2 with FCP 6.03 and I can not get my macbook pro or i-mac to see the compact flash unit that came with my Z7. It uses the same plug in as the hard disk unit and I am on v1.01-1 of the sony plug in and it still will not work.
I have informed sony of this but I am concerned that I may have another problem with my mac set-ups.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders