Anyone brave (or stupid) enough to open their DR60 yet? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders

Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders
Including the HVR-MRC1K CF Card Recorder, HVR-DR60 Hard Disk Recorder and others.

Old March 21st, 2007, 11:47 PM   #1
Major Player

Anyone brave (or stupid) enough to open their DR60 yet?

I'm wondering whether the HD in the DR60 could be replaced with a larger one - has anyone been foolhardy enough to break out a small phillips head and open one up? I'm guessing that there might also be formatting and firmware issues to grapple with too, in respect to self-installing a larger drive.
Greg
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Considering the expense of that unit, I think it's foolish to void the warranty that way.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Major Player

If you want a larger drive just get a swappable Nnovia. They're bigger and more expensive, but come with 120G drives...for only $500 more. My biggest complaint is why Sony used such small drives when everyone else has much larger capacities.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Sony Hard Drive and Memory Card Recorders