ax100 cntrl with tablet at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems

Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems
All tape-based Sony camcorders including the HVR-Z7, Z5, S270, HDR-FX1000, etc.

Old December 6th, 2015, 01:01 PM   #1
Major Player

ax100 cntrl with tablet

My eyes are not what they used to be and bigger is better when it comes to videocamera screens
The 3,5" screen on my ax100 is quite good but for fine control over focus and exposure I would appreciate something bigger, say the size of a tablet 7" or so..
The question I would like answered is whether someone has managed to get more out of the cntrl with smartphone function other than start stop and zoom; for instance manual exposure mode?
tkks
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2015, 01:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: ax100 cntrl with tablet

nope as far as i know thats all is available with Play Memories app, I've looked around to see if there was anything else suitable for the AX-100 but didn't find anything.
Old December 16th, 2015, 07:55 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: ax100 cntrl with tablet

I also use an a5100 alongside / inter live cut with the ax100 and the a5100's remote control app wifi'd to a nexus7 (2013) gives me a nice 7" 1920x1080 viewfinder screen providing zoom function and exposure control ... sweet.
It's a pity that Sony won't provide similar remote functionality for the ax100.
Even not locking the on camera controls while in remote mode would be sufficient
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems