Two sound inputs on HDR-HC9E at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old August 10th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Tourist

Two sound inputs on HDR-HC9E

Hi,

newbie here... so hopefully this is in the right place...

Usually I work with a V-1, but have an HDR-HC9E as a number 2 safety camera. For a trip shortly it will be my number one and only.

BUT the sound isn't much for what I'm doing (shooting for a DVD series)

I'd like to use my Rode NTG2 and Sennheiser radio mic with it. BUT - there's only one input stereo socket.

Has anyone any suggestions?

I did try a dual mono to stereo plug I had lying around and nothing at all worked. Is it as simple as a dual stereo to one stereo - and will it lay down two mono tracks or will they just merge into one stereo track?

Using FCP for editing.

thanks for any input!

Grant
Grant Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Trustee

What you need is an XLR adaptor like the Juicedlink or Beachtek. That will allow you to set the levels on each channel independantly and each will be recorded to a different stereo track.

I'm not sure about the setup you're using now - I've never tried it!
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Tourist

thanks, I'll check those out.

Both my Rode and Sennheiser mics have both 3.5mm stereo jacks or XLR - so either will work - but I need to keep the weight and complexity down, so the 3.5 stereo jacks would be preferred. But in the end - whatever works!

Last edited by Grant Johnson; August 11th, 2009 at 04:04 AM.
Grant Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series