Various questions Sony HVR-A1 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old June 29th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #46
Regular Crew

HVR A1 - mic/camera noise

I bought a Sennheiser MKE 300 to use when I need to go lighter with the HVR A1 and don't need the XLR module. It works great UNTIL I mount it on the shoe on top of the camera. I found that there is a vibration/hum that the mic seems to pick up from the camera. When I remove the mic from the mount it records fine which suggests this is a physical vibration problem (rather than electrical). Has anyone else experienced this and any ideas on how to fix it??

I don't have this problem with the XLR module. Unfortunately I don't have another non-
Roger Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #47
Regular Crew

HVR A1 - mic-camera noise

[SORRY I HIT THE POST BUTTON BY ACCIDENT BEFORE FINISHING. HERE IS THE COMPLETE POST!]

I bought a Sennheiser MKE 300 to use when I need to go lighter with the HVR A1 and don't need the XLR module. It works great UNTIL I mount it on the shoe on top of the camera. I found that there is a vibration/hum that the mic seems to pick up from the camera. When I remove the mic from the mount it records fine which suggests this is a physical vibration problem (rather than electrical). Has anyone else experienced this and any ideas on how to fix it??

I don't have this problem with the XLR module. Unfortunately I don't have another non-XLR mountable mic so I can't double check this problem. However I tried the MKE 300 on my Sony PDX 10 and it works fine - i.e. no vibration/camera noise.

Thanks for any ideas!
Roger Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:49 AM   #48
New Boot

A1 on a Glidecam 2000

Has anyone tried balancing the A1 on the Glidecam 2000? If so, any tips? Thanks,

Bill
Bill Slammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Interval Recording to Tape?

Does anyone know how to do Interval Recording (Time Lapse) to tape using the A1?
Jason Gurwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 08:53 AM   #50
Regular Crew

nightshots with my A1

Here are some clips I shot with my A1. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the "lines" out of the video. In this I deinterlaced the video and it's still there. Anywho, I tried shoting this with no gain, there is even a walkway that I shot with a shutter speed of 4. If you have any tips please share.

Thanks

Shedrick

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...627968fd304c2b1
Shedrick Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2006, 11:59 PM   #51
Major Player

Link doesn't work.
Alex Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #52
Tourist

A1 - Timecode issue

In the REC RUN (record run) time code mode the A1 continues with the same time code sequence each time you hit record, but starts over when you turn the camera off. On one tape the TC can start over at 0 a dozen times or more.

This makes it impossible to do batch captures in FCP. If you log in a particular start and stop TC for capture, that range can exist mutliple times on the tape and FCP will just grab the first one it finds.

The free run option appears to run the TC whether or not you are recording, but that is not what we want either. Used a VX2000 previously which kept the same TC sequence for the entire tape.

Am I missing something? Any got this to work?
Ken Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #53
Major Player

Lens hood for Sony Telephoto VCL-HG2037Y Lens

Hello!

From what I read, almost all the HC1/A1 owners buy the Sony Wide angle VCL-HG0737Y Lens and purchase the LH77 Cavision lens hood for it.

Does anyone ever use a similar lens hood for a telephoto lens? is there any point in doing so?

I'm considering getting a LH77 but obviously it wont work with my Tele VCL-HG2037Y Lens since the Tele lens is a few mm larger in diamter then the wide angle.

I'm wondering if the Cavision LH80 would fit with this Telephoto lens, where I'll have to buy an step down adapter for the LH80when using it with my wide angle VCL-HG0737Y lens.

Any comments about this setup? Or is anyone already using this?

Thanks!!
Old October 4th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #54
Regular Crew

HVR-A1U in the DC area

Hello,
Does anybody know where I could see/try the A1U in the DC area?
thanks
Andrea
Andrea Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2006, 07:04 AM   #55
Major Player

Pls check this out..

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...d=1#post554311
James Harring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #56
Regular Crew

I live in the DC area and bought an A1u 2 mos. ago . contact me off list with any questions. Camera was not available locally; I had to order from B&H in NYC sight unseen.
Great little camera.

chris
Chris Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #57
Regular Crew

A1 XLR adapter

I got some stuff stolen out of my truck and my XLR adapter happens to be one of them. Does anyone know where I can purchase another one? Possible send me a link to go to?
John Dombrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #58

Outside of contacting a Sony authorized repair house, I'm not sure that there is anywhere else to send you. This is not a part that you can buy separately via the retail channels, AFAIK.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #59
Major Player

Yep i'm pretty sure it's a "Sony purchase" only part.

Around USD280 if i recall correctly.
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #60
Regular Crew

workflow A1 - FCP - 24p

Newbie question... Can someone get me started on the work-flow for a documentary film, that on the high-end may be feature film worthy in the quality of the story at least...

Camera - HVR A1 NTSC 1080i60
Mac Pro with FCP 5.1 Suite

From capture - what is the exact work flow... ie were do I ideally convert/pulldown 1080i60 to 24p and how? I'll likely be using Nattress.

Thanks in advance.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series