Various questions Sony HVR-A1 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old November 10th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #61
Regular Crew

a little sample of a1u in low light(concert)

Hello
I just did a few films with the a1u and the supplied microphone,try the 3 films some crowd were added with imovie.All the videos were done with imovie hd.
Its vry confortable to work with the touch screen for audio control when you are next to the stage.more movies will come next week.
You can wath it on youtube.com and write(search for) actuvid
Sorry I don't know how to make a link.
Martin Labelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:38 AM   #62
Tourist

Step-Up Clamp for A1U?

I found this kit at B&H that looked like a pretty good deal for the Sony HVR-A1U and some accessories. One of the accessories is a VCL-HG0737Y High-grade Wide Angle Conversion Lens. I also want to be able to use this with a ProPrompter which clamps on the lens. The thing is, the lens does not seem to have threads for a step up ring to accomodate the proPrompter.

My question is this: is there a clamp on step-up ring that would work with this, or would I be better off looking for a different lens?
>> Camera Kit Here

EDIT:
>> Here is the lens mentioned above
Chris McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:00 PM   #63
Trustee

audio recording format problem

Hi

I am playing my xdcam into my a1 (using it as a deck for transfer on the go onto dvcam tape) but for some reason it always switches into 32khz mode when I am assured that the xdcam always records in 48khz. is there some setting i am missing?

Phil
Old November 27th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #64
Loren Sonnenberg

HVR-A1U Macro Lenses

I just picked up a set of Raynox macro lenses for my HVR-A1U and have been playing around with them. The models are DCR-150, DCR-250, MSN-202, and MSN-505.

I know each one has a minimum focus distance (133mm, 90mm, 30mm, and 17mm respectively) where getting any closer to the object being filmed will prevent you from focusing properly. Is there any reason to not simply use the one with the smallest minimum focus distance (MSN-505) all the time?

Does anyone have any suggestions for doing macro work using the A1U?
Old November 29th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #65
New Boot

HVR A 1 comparisons and user reviews

Hi there i am seriously considering purchasing the Sony HVR-A1P for the sort of work i do needs a smaller field mobile camera but in HDV.

I currently use my good old reliable Canon XL1 S but with the sort of work i do and kms i have to walk with the camera (dirt bike racing) around the bush or venue a much smaller or lighter camera in HDV is needed as i have found the XL1 by the end of the day too heavy filming off the shoulder.

Can anyone give me their impressions of the HVR A 1 or whatever name it is given in overseas and especially how it films using both tripod and out in the field off the tripod.

Also any other recommendations in the HDV range of cameras with the same mobility would also be appreciated. Also does the HVR A 1 allow for protective UV lens attachment as well as this is another necessary evil in my line of videoing with MX, Enduro etc.
Nic Maguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 10:45 PM   #66
Regular Crew

Nic, I too am looking at one of these cameras. I'm having one last look at everything next week at DMF before I buy the week after. From looking around these threads I have seend the camera with a UV filter on it so my guess would be yes.
Andrew Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 02:27 PM   #67
New Boot

I have decided to go with a Panasonic AGDVX100AE instead i think i have made a good choice here for what i need it for but thanks for the reply mate no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farrell
Nic, I too am looking at one of these cameras. I'm having one last look at everything next week at DMF before I buy the week after. From looking around these threads I have seend the camera with a UV filter on it so my guess would be yes.
Nic Maguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 06:34 PM   #68
Tourist

Problems with FCP recognizing A1U

Hi Forum, thought I'd throw this out to you guys too:

I've got a Sony HVR-A1U, I've been messing with it, along with a "CitiDisk" HDR that works great. Been able to use FCP 5.1.2 DV-NTSC settings fine for capturing or tranferring .mov files in the HDV-DV mode.

NOW, I just started playing with the FCP native HDV editing project, and shot a bunch of animals in HDV. I used easy set up for HDV, selected the Sony HDV firewire for input, and I get an error message that the camera is not recognized.

So, I trashed prefs, checked capture settings ( HDV,etc.) reset the camera, tried new FW cables, checked the front FW port of my G5, No such luck.

I INSURED the iLink conversion was OFF and that the VCR was on HDV or AUTO, nothing seems to work. Any advise here?

Thanks

Mark Westman
Mark Westman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:40 PM   #69
Major Player

Do you have a PCI Firewire card in the G5? Seriously, I had added a FW card and it prevented me form using HDV, but not DV. I don't know why, so I just removed the card and it worked.

Be sure to have the camera off when connecting to or disconnecting it from the computer.

Also, you should have the camera ON and in VTR (or playback) mode before you start Final Cut, do the quick setup and I think it should work. Unfortunately, if Final Cut is running, you need to close it before you turn on the camera.
Jeff DeMaagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #70
Tourist

Thanks Jeff....

I do not have a PCI firewire card, and I found out on the apple forum that it was a QT bug...which I fixed....and then did figure out that the system needs to be restarted before capturing.

Thanks!

mark
Mark Westman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:35 PM   #71
Regular Crew

more problems with final cut 5.1 not recognize a1u

Obi wan kenobi you are my last hope,I read the other thread by Mark about connecting the a1u and the good procedure.I did it all and it still not working.
My firewire is connected and it goes in hdv in.I am working with macbook pro.thanks in advance
Martin Labelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #72
Trustee

A1U and VX2100 Batteries?

Just bought the A1U, yay! Are batteries on these two cameras interchangeable? I have several batteries for the VX and don't want to start over if I don't have to. Anyone know?
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #73
Wrangler

Sorry, the A1 uses the same batteries as the PDX-10 and TRV-950, which are smaller than the VX/PD series batteries. The batteries from your VX would fit an FX1, FX7, Z1 or V1 but not an A1...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #74
Trustee

Dang! Ok, thanks a bunch!
Old December 16th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #75
Regular Crew

Intercutting Z1 and A1 tips please

I believe there are several Z1 owners who have acquired an A1 as second camera.

How are you going at making the footage look the same - any tips for camera set up on either?

So far, my footage has looked "fairly" similar, but with a slightly different look, presumably caused by the CCD/CMOS difference.

I wouls love to hear any ideas on making the footage as intercuttable as possible.
Peter Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series