Unanswered HC camcorder posts from 2005 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old October 28th, 2005, 01:42 PM   #16
New Boot

convert Active Interface Shoe to normal accessory shoe?

Had anybody heard of a converter between Sonys Active Interface Shoe and the normal accessory shoe?
Bryan Spinelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #17
New Boot

I got the POWER! (power consumption question)

Any power (battery) experts out there. The A1U is good on power around 6W. Yet the specs for the AC adaptor claims it consumes (18 Watts), why so many watts? Is this the amount of watts consumed while charging the internal battery? Can I asume that if the battery is fully charged the power consumption of the AC adaptor will be 6W not 18W. I am planning on running the camera VIA a Solar panel and a 12V 7Ah battery.

Any help or advise would be great.....

Thank you very much....
Curtis Shillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:22 AM   #18
New Boot

Shopping for A1 in hong kong

Hi guys! I've been reading your posts and its been great. I wana buy the HVR-A1 for all its worth. problem is, here in the philippines its way to expensive $3300.

Anyways going to hong kong this december, any tips on stores or places where the A1 might be sold at a decent price? Tnx
Jm Aguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Help with importing Video!!

I just shot a bunch of HDV stuff in Japan. I'm wanting to import all the video into FCP 5 now but am unsure on how to do this. Can anyone help?

I'd like to:

1. Downconvert the HDV video into DV format into FCP and edit as regular DV initially to make some DVD's.

2. Import HDV video eventually and edit as HDV.

I'm assuming there is no recordable media at this time for HDV. Of course I did see Blueray recorders available in Japan.

What do I need to set on my camera to downconvert? From reading the manual, the VCR HDV/DV is set to AUTO and the iLINK CONV is set to OFF. And I'm importing via Firewire into FCP 5. Is this the proper setup? Do I need to set anything in FCP? How does the camera determine if I want to downconvert or use HDV? Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks!
Paul Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #20
Major Player

On Camera light for HVR-A1U

What’s the best on camera light for the A1u?

I film wedding and cooperate videos I need a light and battery pack with at least 2 hr running time.

THANKS
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Dubbing to VHS

Hello,

Recently, I had to dub some footage (DV & DVCAM -> component out) direct to a VHS tape. This was for a director to see his rushes and to work on a paper edit of the docu he is making. He needed a timecode present on the tapes. I discovered that in a playback mode on A1 I had visible on the LCD monitor (and subsequently on a VHS tape) not only the running TC, but also buttons, battery time left, and so on.

I was wondering if there is any chance of outputting nothing but the timecode?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series