DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/)
-   -   Any Final Release Date for the US???? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/47351-any-final-release-date-us.html)

Tomas Chinchilla July 7th, 2005 05:33 PM

Any Final Release Date for the US????

Does anyone have any scoop on this?

Bought mine a month ago and can't wait, my baby is about to be born soon and I hope I can get it on HD.

Mike Farrington July 7th, 2005 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomas Chinchilla
Bought mine a month ago and can't wait, my baby is about to be born soon and I hope I can get it on HD.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered my HC1 at 7am on the day it went on sale at B&H. My wife is 33weeks pregnant WITH TWINS!!! She could go any day now, since twins usually arrive 4-6 weeks early. I keep telling her she has to hold them in as long as she possibly can. We're REALLY cutting it close.

I'm thinking I need to call B&H and switch from 2nd-day delivery to next-day.

-Mike

Kaku Ito July 7th, 2005 07:58 PM

Good luck to you, your wife and babies, Mike!

Tomas Chinchilla July 8th, 2005 05:20 AM

Thanks Mike!

Mine is 34 weeks, boy I hope I get it on time.

Patrick Williams July 18th, 2005 11:07 PM

A lot people that ordered from Sonystyle had their orders shipped Monday. Mine is being delivered tomorrow(Tuesday), in time for my vacation that starts on Thursday. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to have it in time.

Tomas Chinchilla July 19th, 2005 08:31 PM

On the way, got a tracking number, will be here tomorrow wed @ 3PM

Mike Farrington July 19th, 2005 09:36 PM

Is it just me, or has the release of the HC1 been 100% botched in the USA? It seems like SonyStyle is getting all of the stock. If I were a reseller, I'd be livid at Sony for this. Even more so if I were an "Authorized Dealer".

Kevin Shaw July 26th, 2005 03:32 PM

I just got an email from B&H today to let me know they have them in stock. I think I'll just go with the FX1, but it's good to know the HC1 is also available.

Noah Hayes July 27th, 2005 08:55 AM

I work at Best Buy in Northern VA, our distribution center got 87 of them last Friday, our display will be here in two days, probably about 6-10 more the following Tuesday. I'm planning on picking one up next paycheck! If anyone wants to check them out, they should be on display Saturday 7/30/05

Ian Copeland July 27th, 2005 08:43 PM

Circuit City in Alpharetta, GA has had the camera on display since Tuesday.

Lynne Whelden July 28th, 2005 05:50 AM

price

What seems to be the opening bid on the C1 for places like CC?

Ian Copeland July 28th, 2005 05:55 PM

$1999.00.

Circuit City had it listed on their website for pre-order at $1899.00.

Lynne Whelden July 28th, 2005 07:38 PM

Hmmmm

Yeah, I called my local CC and they quoted the same price. They also said it appeared as if the C1 had been in stock for a while. They had 80 in a warehouse somewhere. I guess nobody's discounting it at all right now.

Noah Hayes August 2nd, 2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noah Hayes
I work at Best Buy in Northern VA, our distribution center got 87 of them last Friday, our display will be here in two days, probably about 6-10 more the following Tuesday. I'm planning on picking one up next paycheck! If anyone wants to check them out, they should be on display Saturday 7/30/05

Update: It's now August 2nd...and we're already sol out...but then again we only got 3 in...

Joe Carney August 5th, 2005 08:09 PM

Noah, which BB do you work at? I am very close to the one at Baileys Crossing on Leesburg Pike (Hwy 7). Like, 5 min drive time from my door.