What's a good AC/DC charger for the HC1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old August 14th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

What's a good AC/DC charger for the HC1?

There's the $15 one that's all over ebay, and I don't really want a $250 one, maybe something in the $50 range that isn't going to cook my batteries and gets them pretty close to a full charge without overheating.
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Inner Circle

AFAIK the ONLY DC chargers are the import ones you find on eBay, and I've used them a few times, they seem to work OK. I have a bit of distrust for the import stuff, but when it works, it seems to do the job.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The original adaptor that came with the cam is the AC-L15, which is no longer available. But a Google search reveals many aftermarket clones. No idea how good any of them are.
Old August 15th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Inner Circle

My recollection is that ALL the Sony chargers are AC only... thus my comment re. "DC" which implied to me that the OP wanted something capable of plugging in to a car cig lighter... something which the imports do have as an option.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Excellent point. I interpreted the question differently, which means that, as usual, I answered a question he wasn't asking.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series