Generic batteries not working! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old October 7th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Generic batteries not working!

I just bought three generic batteries. When they arrived the other day, I put them in and they worked fine, so I threw out the packing materials. Just this morning, I turned on the camera and got a "use real Sony batteries" message on the camcorder and it turned itself off. I guess I need to get some real Sony batteries! Has anyone had such a message using cheap Chinease Sony batteries off eBay? I don't care if they're really Sony or not, just as long as they can fool the camera!
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Yep,
I had the same problem. I thought that the battery I bought was genuine Sony. The packaging and battery both looked genuine. Mine worked for like a minute, then flashed the "use Sony battery" message.
Darin Aho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #3
Old Boot

That's one I've chalked up to my Canon XM2! YeeHaaa! Kinda beats your ability in low light over my camera - no problems . .. lol!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2008, 04:21 AM   #4
Major Player

Revisiting this one - given that batteries and technologies could have changed over the last few years!

I'm looking for something cheaper than the Sony NP-QM91D for my HVR-A1e. Has anyone in the UK found a supplier of generic batteries that do work in this camera?

Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series