Rain cover for A1U? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old November 12th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rain cover for A1U?

Does anyone yet make a little rain cover for the A1U? I'll be filming with it on a boat and would love to have some protection from salt spray etc. I couldn't find anything listed at B&H, does anyone know if something exists? Thanks!
Kipjaz Savoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2005, 11:14 PM   #2
New Boot

Would an Underwater Housing Work?

My experience with boats is that a lot can happen to mess up equipment. You might consider more protection than just a rain cover.

B&H has this: "Ewa-Marine VMX Underwater Housing for Sony HC1, JVC GR-DV3000, Panasonic NV-MX2 and MX8 Camcorders - Rated up to 33'".

However, I think you will have to take off the external mic and the lens hood to get it in the housing.

I don't have one, but I am considering getting one.
David Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, I've seen that splash bag - but it looks like you basically have very limited access to camera functions once it's in the bag. I was hoping for something like a portabrace cover that would still allow for full control.
Old November 13th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #4
New Boot

Rain Cape from Ewa-Marine

Did you see this one?

http://www.ewa-marine.de/english/raincapes/e-vc1m.htm

I'd love to see a Kata cover for this camera. I have a bigger cover and it is very well built.

Good luck. -David
David Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hadn't seen that one - looks like it might be more versatile for above-water shooting, thanks!

I've got a nice little Portabrace cover for my PD-100a which I love, but no sign of one for the A1U yet.
Old November 29th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bourne
Did you see this one?

http://www.ewa-marine.de/english/raincapes/e-vc1m.htm

I'd love to see a Kata cover for this camera. I have a bigger cover and it is very well built.
I think that is pretty cool. Maybe a lens thread adapter plus a larger cover would do the trick?
Jeff DeMaagd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series