Light for "Active Interface Shoe" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old November 29th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Light for "Active Interface Shoe"

Having finally decided to go for the HC-1 instead of the A1 (in spite of the lack of proper accessory shoe), I'm thinking of getting a light to put on that silly AIS. All I can find is the HVL-HL1, which is 3 watts. I'm used to a 10/20 watt light; 3 watt doesn't seem like it would be very useful... does anyone have one of these? Is it adequate for indoor use in a normally lit house for example?

Mark
Mark Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 12:22 PM   #2
Regular Crew

People that have it seem to be satisfied with it. You will get a hot spot in the middle of your footage, but if you zoom in, you can make the hot spot cover the entire window. The distance is also not that great, so make sure what you're using it for is not professional work, but home footage. Also, keep in mind that you can use the regular shoe lights by purchasing an adapter that is attached to the bottom of the HC1. Most people have been using those with no problems.
Alexander Karol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks - I'm already going to have to get one of those tripod mount adapters for an external mic; so I was hoping to put a light on the camcorder itself just to make it more tidy. Looks like I'll need to get a bracket with 2 shoe mounts and use my existing light for most indoor things.

Mark
Mark Bryant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series