DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/)
-   -   Capturing Question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/56288-capturing-question.html)

Rodi Kaya December 18th, 2005 12:24 PM

Capturing Question

I am un able to do a search, and this is my first post.
I would like to find out if my pc will be able to capture footage from the HC1.
The system is a Athlon xp 2400 (2000mhz) 1gb ram and lots of disk space.
I use Adobe Premier Pro 1.5.1

Thanks in advance

Fredrik-Larsson December 18th, 2005 03:04 PM

If you use Ilink convert down to SD there is no problem. For HDV you probably need Aspect HD. Direct capture using the normal HDV-driver isn't that good. In fact Adobe say there is some quality issue. Can't remember which thread I read it. I got a 2500+ and Aspect HD + Premiere and the playback of HDV isn't perfect but it works with only slight problems. I intend to upgrade...

Rodi Kaya December 18th, 2005 07:51 PM

Thanks for that info Fredrik, I have downloaded and installed a demo version of Aspect HD, Will tru capturing when i have the camera this week, but right now i am having trouble with playback, i can see the footage when im not playing otherwise i see a red cross on the monitor. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

David Newman December 18th, 2005 10:59 PM

Rodi,

What footage are you using? Sound like you don't have a camera/deck currently. If you have not capture with Aspect HD and have taken M2T files from online somewhere you will need to convert them to CineForm AVIs first (use HDLink.exe include with Aspect HD to convert M2T files to the far more widely compatible AVI.) Aspect HD capture directly to an AVI when hooked to a deck or camera.

John Yamamoto December 19th, 2005 07:10 AM

any PC capturing Dv will be OK

Hi, if just capture m2t to hard disk is simple task even a slow pc can capture DV will do, i use CapDVhs to do so on Xp with celeron 850, so not a problem , but re encode to other codec is depending on the speed of ur PC.
I use VirtualdubMpeg2 to trim and re encode to other format
JY

Rodi Kaya December 19th, 2005 12:02 PM

Hi guys

I have the camera now and have had no trouble so far capturing the video thanks to your help. AspectHD works great :-) I am using Adobe Premier and after effects.
The issue i have when i import into after effects is that the footage on screen is not the right aspect ratio, i have been tweaking with the settings but it seems to show the video compressed horizontally, i hope to figure this out

Fredrik-Larsson December 19th, 2005 12:08 PM

Neat! Do you have any problems in Premiere? Mine sometimes stutters the sound. But I can live with that until I buy myself a new PC.

Rodi Kaya December 19th, 2005 12:13 PM

Ok i got it now, for those experiencing the issue, in after effects go to "view", "view options", Click "Video Aspect ration correction"

Rodi Kaya December 19th, 2005 12:22 PM

Hi Fredrik,

I havent noticed any stuttering with audio, i have only been using it for less than an hour so i cant be sure, but video playback is much better than i had expected.

Thanks for the help

Fredrik-Larsson December 19th, 2005 12:32 PM

Yeah, playback is pretty good even on "older" systems. I think my problem might be that I have quite packed harddrives and the files might be fragmented. But at the moment I am just playing around so it's no big problem yet.

Rodi Kaya December 19th, 2005 02:49 PM

I am now noticing stuttering on video and audio when working with multiple HD streams, will be upgrading soon, fingers crossed.
Image quality on the HC1 is just great, will make my short film look extra good :D

Michael Liebergot December 19th, 2005 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredrik-Larsson
Yeah, playback is pretty good even on "older" systems. I think my problem might be that I have quite packed harddrives and the files might be fragmented. But at the moment I am just playing around so it's no big problem yet.

Fredrik, I see you aptured with Aspect HD from Cineform, but are you trying to work with the native M2T files on your timeline.
I work in Vegas, not Premiere, however most sytems will choke on the M2t file while trying to edit.
Have ApsectHD convert the file to the Cineform AVI, then edit this on your timeline. This should solve your problem.

Fredrik-Larsson December 19th, 2005 03:38 PM

I work with Cineform AVIs only. I use the "medium" quality at the moment. They play back fine but sometimes (not all the time) they freeze and stutter the sound. But I am using a processor that is below Cineform's recommended so I am fully aware of it. And like I said I have a lot of stuff on my harddrives so those captured files may be fragmented to. It's not a big problem and I will purchase a new system next year so I am quite sure that my problems will go away then.