DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/)
-   -   The Fountains of the Bellagio in HD! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/58335-fountains-bellagio-hd.html)

Alexander Karol January 15th, 2006 09:23 AM

The Fountains of the Bellagio in HD!

Well, I just got back from CES 2006 in Las Vegas and I was able to get some footage of the city with my HVR-A1U. Here is one of the many clips that I created with the camcorder. I hope this serves as an effective measure of the quality of the camcorder. Everything was set to auto.

http://www.archive.org/details/BellagioFountains

I just uploaded my clip. If anyone is having extremely slow download rates, I can try and upload it somewhere else. Trust me though, it's worth the wait.

Evan C. King January 15th, 2006 03:18 PM

I'm downloading right now...

Jeff Zimmerman January 21st, 2006 03:13 AM

Very Cool

Very Cool - I heard about this fountain and haven't yet seen it. Good job! Must have been fun shooting.

R.P. Cuenco January 21st, 2006 03:51 AM

I shot the bellagio fountains back in nov. it was at night too! but lost the footage :-(

Steven Gotz January 21st, 2006 08:59 AM

I finally got a chance to watch the video. Very nice. In the future, I recommend staying at around 5Mbps data rate.

Brian Burns January 22nd, 2006 12:09 AM

It looks good but what concerns me as a potential A1U buyer is the colors seem a little washed out.

Jeff Zimmerman January 22nd, 2006 01:53 AM

Color Wash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Burns
It looks good but what concerns me as a potential A1U buyer is the colors seem a little washed out.

Get some plugins and do it in post. Nattress Plugins are great. Make colors real rich... Nattress.com

Brian Burns January 22nd, 2006 08:20 AM

I could do it in post but I am used to the richness of color that my GL2s provide.

Alexander Karol January 22nd, 2006 11:49 AM

The colors do seem a little washed out but they should be. To be honest, they were pretty accurate. It's just that the hotels and fountains do have plain colors themselves. Keep in mind however, that the camcorder was recording in Full AUTO mode. There are other ways to enhance the color prior to post editing, such as increasing the COLOR levels and enabling CINEMATONE modes.

Brian Burns January 22nd, 2006 04:18 PM

Thanks. Those are good points.

I think the best way for me to know if it's right for me is to pick one up and try it.

Daniel M Hughes March 21st, 2006 04:21 PM

Thanks

Downloaded this last night and I think that the picture and audio is very good.
The colour looks bleached but that is how it looks in real life because of the haze off the water and the bright sun. I would like to say thank you so much for spending the time to upload this file, my wife and I saw this song done the year the hotel opened and we didn't have the camcorder with us and since then we have been back to las Vegas 5 times and every time have tried to capture this particular song and have never seen it since. Now thanks to you we have seen this again, we watched it this morning with a tear in our eyes and a lump in our throat. Small tip for next time we found ( after hours of watching for this song ) that the best place to stand if you haven't got a fish eye lens is to the north opposite Ballys right in front of the speaker on the corner, you can capture the whole lake from there. Again many thanks for the excellent clip, you have brought back many many happy memories.

Alexander Karol March 27th, 2006 04:38 PM

Wow, just got back from my Spring Break and was pleasantly surprised to see your post.

Thanks a lot for all the compliments and tips. I am happy to hear that this clip brought back fond memories to you and your wife. I am in the process of editing all my Las Vegas footage and posting it up, so keep checking for it; maybe it'll bring other memories up.

Thanks again for all the compliments. It's compliments like these that makes all this work worthwhile.

Peter Ferling March 29th, 2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Burns

A UV filter may have helped, otherwise, a little post work. Still, a very good image for a consumer cam. I'm impressed. In fact, I'm getting the HC1 for use as the family cam, and plan to check out the floor model at Best Buy today.

Pete