Do rebates mean a new model is coming at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 24th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #1
Tourist

Do rebates mean a new model is coming

My HVR-A1U should arrive Friday, replacing my 6 1/2 year old Sony TRV310.

I always thought that I bought the TRV310 at the right time for me. Perhaps I paid a bit of a premium, but its DV and firewire still represent current technology, through all these years. It has been a fond friend through kids' school, family, and local historical society projects.

The comments on this forum about the A1U have been very favorable, and the samples useful. (Alexander, I loved the fountains; and Michael, Seargant seems like a good high definition dog). However, the $500 rebate suggests to me that Sony has something new coming.

Any comments about this speculation?

Art Krumrey
Art Krumrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 02:43 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I dont think we should see rebates as hinting the next big thing, since most of the time nothing ever comes from it.

For example: Canon had the longest running rebate program for their GL2 (from winter 2005 to late summer) and nothing happened.

hope you enjoy your A1U!
Old January 25th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #3
Major Player

Yeah, the rebate is probably just to boost sales. The A1 arrived during september so it's quite new. If Sony would replace any model my bet goes to Z1 and FX1 which are older.
Old January 25th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the compliments Art. The rebates could mean a lot of things. The HC1/A1 have been on the top of the charts as far as selling goes, so I doubt that that is the main reason for the rebates. I do believe it might also have something to do with the new HC3 that is expected to be out before the summer of 2006.
Alexander Karol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Looks like its because the HC3 is coming out.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...er-HDR-HC3.htm
Christopher Cruz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series