You know that annoying record hesitation? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old February 9th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

You know that annoying record hesitation?

You know the one...You have your HC1... You line up one that once in a life time shot ...hit record... and the camera blinks standby about 5 times before it kicks into record?? And there never seems to be a pattern. (at least I can't find one)

Well... I may be wrong about this but I was testing my new lanc controller on a tennis match with multiple stops and starts and it never did it one time. Just went right into record every time. I taped about 20 mins. of action with about 50 stop/ starts. (some long intervals, some short) Never did that standby thingy once! Could it be?
Chaz Kempter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 12:36 AM   #2
Regular Crew

That's weird, I think it might have been coincidence. Unless the controller overides some processes that the camcorder does using the button.

Anyways, I also dispise this as well, but it all has to do with the tape head alignment. If you are recording and stop for more than 3 or so minutes, than next time, it should take a little longer as the camcorder has to realign the head. Usually, when you stop and record again very fast, then it should start normally.

I have the A1 and I have the QUICK REC feature set to ON and I really haven't noticed a significant improvement from it. Besides, you run the risk of misaligning the head which could damage ur tape/footage.

I think temperature may have something to do with it as well. Cause I seem to be getting different start times when outdoors or indoors. Could be lighting, but I don't see why that would be.
Alexander Karol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 08:39 AM   #3
Regular Crew

If it's a head alignment pause, then it makes sense, because I never paused for more than 30 seconds at a time. rats.
Chaz Kempter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series