HC1-CinemaEffect on powerup? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old March 17th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #1
Major Player

HC1-CinemaEffect on powerup?

I am interested in using the "Cinema Effect" and AspectHD to get CF24 as described in other posts. So I set it in effects, turned off the camera, went outside for some tests, came back to capture...only to find frame exports have the usual heavy interlacing on fast pans. On investegation, I see the on-screen icon for having engaged the effect, but it seems the "effect" evaporates everytime the camera is turned off! The effect may as well as be useless if it must be set every time. Anybody know how to make it a powerup default?
Don Blish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #2
Major Player

you may just have to enable it everytime, aspecthd takes the interlacing out with a pulldown on live capture
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 01:24 PM   #3
New Boot

Its obvious that putting an effect on takes it off when you shut down. Thats why its called an effect. its not regular video..... hhmmmmm Though i get what you are saying that you want it on there everytime. your gonna have to settle with enabling it everytime.
Damien Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #4
New Boot

One nice feature with the HC1 is being able to customize the onscreen menu. Just make picture effects the top menu choice and it may ease the pain.
Timothy Stidham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series