DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/)
-   -   Where is the Memory Stick Pro? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/64409-where-memory-stick-pro.html)

Dave Halliday April 5th, 2006 08:58 AM

Where is the Memory Stick Pro?

Is the A1U supposed to have a Memory Stick Pro in the box? When I got mine (new), I looked all over the box, and couldn't find it. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Dave F. Nelson April 5th, 2006 10:14 AM

Missing Memory Stick Duo and Adaptor?

Mine came in a small white bag in with the manuals, etc. The Memory Stick Duo was packed separately from the Memory Stick Duo adaptor.

If you didn't get one you could contact Sony Pro Support. You will find the telephone number in your manual. I wouldn't worry about it though, because it's only 16 megabytes. That would hold 4 or 5 full resolution photos, barely.

--Dave

Dustin Tran April 5th, 2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Halliday
Is the A1U supposed to have a Memory Stick Pro in the box? When I got mine (new), I looked all over the box, and couldn't find it. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Me too, I couldn't find it along with the Adaptor. It's listed as supplied items on manual. I guess, Sony replaced it with the digital master tape ?

John Dombrowski April 5th, 2006 03:51 PM

I got both the memory stick and tape...

Chris Joy April 5th, 2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dombrowski
I got both the memory stick and tape...

Just got my A1 yesterday, has the MS and the tape. The MS was in the packet that had the owners manuals, the tape and all the other documentation. Like others said, its only 16mb, mine says 11 pics. Gonna go to Costco and pick up a 512mb stick on the cheap to grab stills of the scenes I shoot.

Alex Thames April 5th, 2006 09:43 PM

The packet is a white small envelope that you might mistake it for one of those do not eat packets. Check carefully, it should be there.

Dustin Tran April 6th, 2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Thames
The packet is a white small envelope that you might mistake it for one of those do not eat packets. Check carefully, it should be there.

I found it!

Dave Halliday April 7th, 2006 09:28 AM

Thanks all, I found mine as well. Wow was that a small package. I like the photo options (interval record, et. al), but I'm disappointed with the lack of manual shutter control when on photo mode. Has anyone found a workaround?

Also, my Mac OSX won't recognize the Memory Stick Pro Adapter when I plug it into my Memory Stick USB adapter. Do I have to go tthrough the camera to offload footage onto my computer?

Alex Thames April 7th, 2006 04:59 PM

Just wondering, did you guys get a 16mb Memory Stick Duo or 16mb Memory Stick Pro Duo? Mine was only a plain Duo, not Pro Duo.

Dave Halliday April 8th, 2006 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Halliday

Also, my Mac OSX won't recognize the Memory Stick Pro Adapter when I plug it into my Memory Stick USB adapter. Do I have to go tthrough the camera to offload footage onto my computer?

Problem solved here. I just offloaded using the camera and the USB cord. Worked great.

Does anyone know about controlling shutter speed on still photos?

-Dave