Sony wide angle lens in stock at B&H - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old April 18th, 2006, 08:44 PM   #16
Major Player

Do you know what happens after you send them the form by email with blank shipping, total, and signature spots? How do they complete the order? I don't want to give out all my personal and credit card info for nothing.
Alex Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:11 PM   #17
Regular Crew

That's why I ordered via phone. I feel a little more comfotable knowing that only one person (the guy on the phone) will have my credit card number. Rather than having my fax/letter sit there for the entire floor to see. Also, you'll have it shipped faster if done via the phone, so you might as well.
Alexander Karol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #18
Major Player

Talking on the phone doesn't mean more security all the time. Sometimes, they not only write down your info on a paper (for all the see), but also repeat your info out loud (for all to hear). Generally, I am just not comfortable ordering things on the phone for various reasons. If they provide an email way of ordering, which they do, they should be more clear as to how exactly one should use the email form to order.
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Just wanted to say that Amazon has this item in stock right now for $99.

Just head over to Amazon.com and type in VCL-HG0737Y
Adam La Prade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam La Prade
Just wanted to say that Amazon has this item in stock right now for $99.

Just head over to Amazon.com and type in VCL-HG0737Y
It's gone. The "X" version is available at B&H for $99. I think I'll just go with that one. From all indications, there's very little difference between the two.
Jason Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 02:41 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lowe
It's gone. The "X" version is available at B&H for $99. I think I'll just go with that one. From all indications, there's very little difference between the two.
I would expect that the cheaper "X" model would not give you adequate resolution for HDV. But, you'd be performing a service if you bought it and gave us a review of how sharp it actually is.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 03:09 AM   #22
Major Player

I believe it was stated here many times that the only difference is the color of the lens. So it's a pure astethical decision.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 05:06 AM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck
I believe it was stated here many times that the only difference is the color of the lens. So it's a pure astethical decision.
The "X" and "Y" telextenders and wide-angle lenses are of different physical lengths, the "Y" being longer, so there is that difference in them. It's uncertain what the optical differences may be, but Sony lists only the "Y" models on its website with an HD-rating.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald
The "X" and "Y" telextenders and wide-angle lenses are of different physical lengths, the "Y" being longer, so there is that difference in them. It's uncertain what the optical differences may be, but Sony lists only the "Y" models on its website with an HD-rating.
It's funny you mention that, because is you goto the A1U product info page AT sony:

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...Model?id=80897

It specifically says the X lens under recommended accessories. Strange? I bought the Y lens but thought that was interesting.
Old April 26th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #25
Regular Crew

The VCL-HG0737Y is back at Amazon.com but at $189.99... Looks like Amazon's prices/availibility is fluctuating a LOT, so one more reason to go through B & H...
Frank Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Howard
The VCL-HG0737Y is back at Amazon.com but at $189.99... Looks like Amazon's prices/availibility is fluctuating a LOT, so one more reason to go through B & H...
True, but B&H never has them in stock, and when they do they last for a day...tops.

Just another update, Amazon has them at $139.99 right now with 3 left. This site changes it's mind quicker then my girlfriend.
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #27
Major Player

Amazon used to have them for $99. Now, the cheapest I can find is $129 from another site. I got mine from Amazon at $139.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:17 PM   #28
Regular Crew

This puppy's back in stock at B&H! Hurry! They last like a day or so before they're POOF - gone!
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:26 PM   #29
Regular Crew

I thought Adam's observation was curious as well. If you go to a different web page Sony has you will get what I believe is the correct part number; the y version.
http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...essories.shtml

Does anyone know the exact difference between the x and y versions other than size ? Also how do these lenes compare to those of Kenko ?
Thanks
DKane
Dennis Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM   #30
Major Player

Apparently Raynox is better than these Sony lens according to one poster here.
Alex Thames is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series