Fixes For The Red Problem? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old April 29th, 2006, 11:22 PM   #16
Regular Crew

HC-1 "Cinema-Effect" -- Is It Any Good?

Mikko and Graham:

Thanks for the responses...So, I gather there is no desirable effect.....I will give it a shot, however...just to check it out.

I appreciate it!

Reilly
John Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:10 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I get much better results by leaving the camera in manual mode and changing the shutter speed to 30. It's not 24, but it looks much better than using the cinema mode on HC1. Also, I have found that the HC1 tends to overexpose if left on AE. When in bright situations, I let it pick an auto exposure level and then I drop it down a few clicks. This seems to help a lot with the red problem.
Evan Dowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:03 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Pay attention: HC1 +2 <> A1 +2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Thames
Stu, you're suggesting:
+2 WB shift
+2 Color
-2 AE Shift?
When you mention camera corrections (taken into account by the auto-mode), you must precise if you're talking about the A1 or the HC1 because the scales aren't the same.
The options:
- 'WB shift' ,
- 'Camera Color',
- 'AE Shift',
- & 'Sharpness'
have a -8/+8 latitude on a A1, and only a -4/+4 latitude on a HC1.
(The owners of the HC1 can see what is proposed to the owners of a A1 with the menu option 'LCD color': only here the proposed scale is -8/+8 like on a A1).

Consequence: if somebody mentions +1 for the 'Camera color' option on an HC1, that means '+2' on an A1... If somedody mentions -1 for the 'Sharpness' on an A1, that means quite nothing for a HC1 (because 0.5 is not possible! or you stay at +0, or you jump to -1 but that equals in fact to -2 on a A1).
Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:14 AM   #19
Major Player

I'm asking about the A1.
Alex Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 05:19 PM   #20
Regular Crew

So was there ever a conclusion on the A1? Or was it just trial and error. My A1 arrived this afternoon. Sweet little cam and ironically I was wearing a red shirt when I tested things out. Definately turned it pink. Curious what others have found to adjust this without creating havoc everywhere else.

Thanks
Michael Stowe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series