DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/)
-   -   How do you show your footage from HC1 or HC3 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/67269-how-do-you-show-your-footage-hc1-hc3.html)

Monte Raynor May 12th, 2006 07:27 PM

How do you show your footage from HC1 or HC3

I recently purchased a HC1 from Best Buy at a great price. I am really into still photography but would like to get more into video. I have a huge 72 inch 1080P tv and would like to show my work there. I am also a Mac user who has a .mac account. The real question I have is where are you guys showing your work? What medium are you using DVD, web, HDV tape via the camera? Also what tools do you use to edit and export the video, iMovie, FCPE, FCP, others?

That's all for now. As you can see the milk is still wet on my lips. But I have a huge appetite for knowledge.
Thanks,
CMR

Michael Stowe May 12th, 2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monte Raynor
I recently purchased a HC1 from Best Buy at a great price. I am really into still photography but would like to get more into video. I have a huge 72 inch 1080P tv and would like to show my work there. I am also a Mac user who has a .mac account. The real question I have is where are you guys showing your work? What medium are you using DVD, web, HDV tape via the camera? Also what tools do you use to edit and export the video, iMovie, FCPE, FCP, others?

That's all for now. As you can see the milk is still wet on my lips. But I have a huge appetite for knowledge.
Thanks,
CMR

I don't have the HC1, but I do have the A1U and I use a pc. You have a few options...you could just connect your camcorder to your HD TV and play directly to it. Probably the only true HD option at this time except playing it on your computer. With blueray and hddvd around the corner you will then be able to put your full HD movies on dvd and play them on an hd player. You could also down convert your video from HD to SD and put it on a dvd. I personally hook my camcorder up to the tv.

I use Sony Vegas to edit all of my video. I have yet to put video on my computer with this camera, but will most likely convert to SD and go from there. This will of course save the HD footage on the minidv for future use. If I do decide to edit my HD footage, I will still use Sony vegas, but with HD connect plugin.

Graham Hickling May 12th, 2006 09:16 PM

I burn either the raw mt2 files, or wm9 avis, to normal red-lazer DVD-Rs and play them on a Linkplayer2 that I bought for $180 on EBay. It outputs 1080i or 720p (selectable) via RCA component outputs.

Very happy with it in terms of quality and convenience (and price!), however you don't get the menus, chapter-points etc that blueray and HD-DVD will bring...

There's also JVC version, at twice the price, that outputs via DVI.

Nick Harper May 13th, 2006 01:06 PM

I encode to wmv and playback to my hdtv via xbox 360 connected to media center pc

Michael Stowe May 13th, 2006 02:51 PM

Blueray and HDdvd will be great for the HD market. Quite pricey at first though. I see best buy is taking advance orders on a blueray dvd player for your counsel. Does nothing more than play the blueray dvd's. $999.99