Should be a sticky about adapters etc. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old May 13th, 2006, 07:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Should be a sticky about adapters etc.

There are a lot of messages from people who did not realize or understand that the plus $1000 camcorder they just bought would not work with certain mics or other units. Someone should post some facts on this for the HC1, HC3 and A1.
Michael Stowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #2
Major Player

The HC1 uses 3.5mm mic jacks (unbalanced) I think, while the A1 can use 3-pin XLR mics (balanced) as well as 3.5mm mic jacks (unbalanced). The HC3, if I remember correctly, does not have any inputs for mics or headphones.
Alex Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Thames
The HC1 uses 3.5mm mic jacks (unbalanced) I think, while the A1 can use 3-pin XLR mics (balanced) as well as 3.5mm mic jacks (unbalanced). The HC3, if I remember correctly, does not have any inputs for mics or headphones.
Probably correct. Looking for a sticky with facts though. That is what a sticky should have.
Michael Stowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Absolutley correct about HC1 and HC 3 (3.5 mm mic and headphone jacks on H1) ONLY Sony propriatary shoe mics on H# and no headphone jack on H3 - got to get a headphone amp and plug it into the RCA plugs ont eh video out dongle (what a mess)

I know A1 is balanced, not sure of jacks.
Lawrence Spurgeon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series