A3u ??? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old June 1st, 2006, 10:17 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Almost forgot...

- HDMI

- A/V In for video passthrough from TV, etc...
Alexander Karol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:30 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I don't see Sony competeing with the their Z1 anytime soon. A lot of the requests seem to be what the more expensive Z1 offers. Why would they compete with it? They will let it run its course and then update. Granted...they could come out with one that offers partial upgrades, but not complete. Similar to the DSLR market. Tends to piss people off, but oh well.
Michael Stowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 09:49 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
While you're working on your wish lists, keep in mind that the PDX-10 (which filled the niche that the HVR-A1 now occupies) was introduced in April 2002 and discontinued in March 2006. A lifespan of 3 to 4 years has been pretty typical for similar products in Sony's pro line, so I suspect the A1 is going to be with us for quite awhile longer...
Hmmmmm............... Perhaps not what I wanted to hear but it does make sense.

So, is the consensus to just get the A1? How many other people are waiting for the "perfect" compact HD camcorder? ;-)

Regards
JohnG
Old June 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Stowe
I don't see Sony competeing with the their Z1 anytime soon. A lot of the requests seem to be what the more expensive Z1 offers. Why would they compete with it? They will let it run its course and then update. Granted...they could come out with one that offers partial upgrades, but not complete. Similar to the DSLR market. Tends to piss people off, but oh well.
The DSLR market seems significantly more mature than the HD camcorder market. Part of that maturity is the incremental improvement in the HW. Seems like the A1 is almost first gen is some ways.

JohnG
Old June 5th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferling
Shrink the Z1 to 1/2 it's size, label it A3.
That's the kind of forwarding thinking I like! :-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series