NTG-2 + A1U question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old June 5th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #1
New Boot

NTG-2 + A1U question

Is it best to use the shock mount that comes with the NTG-2 or the stock mount? I'm using the stock mount and it seems a bit loose.
Tim
Tim Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cool
Is it best to use the shock mount that comes with the NTG-2 or the stock mount? I'm using the stock mount and it seems a bit loose.
Tim
Not sure about the NTG-2, but the ME-64 was also loose. You can remove the rubber piece from the Sony Mic (should come right off) and put it around the new mic. This worked like a charm for me.
Michael Stowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

You can take the rubber off the Sony mic (as stated) or, if you sold that mic to buy a new one (like I did) then you can just buy some Velcro and use the soft side and put it around the NTG-2. I have the same mic and used that - worked great!
Adam La Prade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #4
New Boot

You sold it? On Ebay? How much should I charge?
Tim Cool is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series