HVR-A1U 24 fps at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old June 5th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #1
New Boot

HVR-A1U 24 fps

Can the Sony HVR-A1U Capture Footage at 24 fps?

I am going to work, long-distance, for a company that is using the Panasonic HVX200. I want to know if I can take their tapes that they send me and put them on my G5 using the A1U (that's what I have).

http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/HVX200/

If any of you guys know anything about it, or any kind of solutions I might be able to use - please let me know. I appreciate your time. By the way, everything is being edited in Final Cut Pro.

Last edited by Dan Chosich; June 5th, 2006 at 02:35 PM.
Dan Chosich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 07:14 PM   #2
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

if they shot 24p onto DV tape then it added pull down using either Advanced or normal pull down ? so it recorded to tape at 29.97 ..
if your camera can play back DV then it should be no problem capturing ..
FCP should be able to remove advance pull down on capture ... don't know about normal pull down with FCP ...
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Chosich
Can the Sony HVR-A1U Capture Footage at 24 fps?

I am going to work, long-distance, for a company that is using the Panasonic HVX200. I want to know if I can take their tapes that they send me and put them on my G5 using the A1U (that's what I have).

http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/HVX200/

If any of you guys know anything about it, or any kind of solutions I might be able to use - please let me know. I appreciate your time. By the way, everything is being edited in Final Cut Pro.
The HVX200, in HD mode, doesn't record to tape. Also, they do 24p via 29.97 EXCEPT their 720p 24pn (native) that is true 24p, no pulldown, etc.

I'm a little confused by your question--do you want to mix video from the HVX and the A1u, in your non-linear editor?

heath
Old June 7th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #4
Major Player

No, he wants to upload HVX-200 footage to his computer through his A1. I guess he needs a P2 reader or DV-deck or something.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 06:52 AM   #5
MPS Digital Studios

Thanks for the head's up. Yeah, you'll need either the HVX or a "deck" that holds the P2 cards.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series