Bicycle Helmet Camera Mounts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old August 9th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Bicycle Helmet Camera Mounts

Any suggestions from the group on a decent bicycle helmet mount (or other mountain bike mounting solution) for the HVR-A1?

I've seen the www.boneheadcomposites.com products, but these seem more for solid skydiving helmet applications.

I've used a ClamperPod fastened directly to the handlebar, but there is simply too much vibration shooting this way when off-street.

I've thought about strapping the camera to the top of the helmet using high-quality velcro straps, looped around the helmet's trusses.

Last edited by Tony Macasaet; August 9th, 2006 at 09:04 PM.
Tony Macasaet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #2
New Boot

Quick thought regarding the velcro straps on a bike helmet... You may want to rethink using a traditional road/mtb bike helmet. I keep my helmet locked down on my head pretty well, but it still jars a lot especially in respect to maintaining a good image through the camera. It might be worth looking into a BMX style helmet which really clamps down on the head more. Could go totally custom and just drill a hole through the side of the helmet to run a bolt through with a camera mount on the other side.

If you think to, definitely keep us up-to-date on what you end up using - I'm sure it'll be a sharp solution.
Don Steele is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series